Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spc Turbo Kit

You only need to add the injectors for the magic 300+BHP, so not at all bad for the price. The bonus is, it is like the TTE SC option, it is completely removable and swappable to another car, so can be sold on separately should you want to change your car and get some of the money back, unlike engine swaps.

The IS200 is a very good car at 240BHP - at 300BHP is is a completely different animal. I know 1st hand and love every drive out in mine.

Guys I've been following this for a while as it a very interesting project. I drove the Project 550 car at JAE and was very impressed (maybe not enough to get rid of my charger setup :) ) and the wastegate chatter sounded awesome. From what I understand the idea was to increase the boost to as high as possible and find out what snaps when it blows. However this has not happened yet and they are managing 1bar of boost and over 300BHP. Its almost like a project to destroy the engine has turned into a product IMO.

I understand peoples scepticism and I almost refused to believe they would be able to do this but having chatted to them I think its down to good planning and a very good map. There are dyno graphs somewhere for both stage 1 and 2.

i think its 5500 pounds. i dont know if its fitted or not. is that including a ecu and remap aswell

That includes fitting , Wireing in the AEM ecu and mapping all in , As the post say's drive in and drive out , What people tend to forget here is that we dont use a 99p Turbo , The Turbo alone is over 1200 Quid , Roller bearing GT 30

Please correct me if im wrong , the cars that the engine failed all had a HKS V-Pro and was mapped at TDI , nuff said :whistling: , the HKS V-Pro is the "rolls royce" ecu , bad maps brake engines .

couldn't agree with you more mate.

just thought i'd add wast gates dont chatter they never have done and never will,the noise you hear is pressurised air escaping back out of the turbo compressor inlet when you close the throttle.

heres more........................

Wastegate chatter myth

There is confusion in the automotive world about so called "wastegate chatter" or "turbo flutter". A noise created on lifting off the throttle in a turbocharged car, commonly described as a chipmunk or a rattlesnake, is often stated incorrectly as being a result of the turbo's wastegate closing.

The noise is in fact the air compressed by the turbo passing back through the compressor wheel of the turbo after the airflow is abruptly halted by the throttle plate closing, called compressor surge. However, in some cases, i.e. where the throttle plate doesn't open fast enough or is set up to only react to high boost, some chatter will remain. Surge can occur on diesels when the turbo is attempting to pressurize the air at a higher pressure ratio than the compressor wheel can flow at a given speed. Diesel engines have no use for a blow off valve as they do not have a throttle plate.

The chatter noise is very noticeable on World Rally Cars, where anti-lag is used.

A compressor stall like this can cause excess stress and wear on the turbo's shaft or bearings under higher load applications of the turbo (around 15 psi (1.0 bar) and greater depending on the trim and flow rate of the compressor side).

Actual wastegate flutter occurs instead under partial boost conditions such as partial throttle near the boost threshold. It sounds like FftFftFft not ShuShuShu and is caused by the rapid opening and closing of the wastegate at boost levels near the spring pressure. It is commonly heard more clearly and may be more prominent on cars with modified intake silencers, up-pipes, and or downpipes, and is not harmful.

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know what happened to the cars SPC was testing?

Did they reach the 350bhp mark?

Did any of the engines fail?

I'm really, really interested in these guys project.

I'm planning to have a turbo fitted in the future, might ask them to do it...

There was a guy here in Sweden who tried turbokits.com's kit and ran it for a couple of months with about 0.4bar pressure and he says it worked perfectly. Anyone tried this kit?

Does anyone know what happened to the cars SPC was testing?

Did they reach the 350bhp mark?

Did any of the engines fail?

There was a guy here in Sweden who tried turbokits.com's kit and ran it for a couple of months with about 0.4bar pressure and he says it worked perfectly. Anyone tried this kit?

I would avoid SPC

as far as I know they are no more

Wayne and Ike are the heads behind the turbo, and neither work for SPC not sure where they are at present but I am sure they will emerge soon

Does anyone know what happened to the cars SPC was testing? their still running

Did they reach the 350bhp mark? nearly i think though an engine blew and the reason is unclear (claimed water intake from a deep puddle!?!)

Did any of the engines fail? see above

I would avoid SPC

Wayne and Ike are the heads behind the turbo, and neither work for SPC not sure where they are at present but I am sure they will emerge soon

Really, whats happened, I was only up there a few weeks back, they had looooads of stuff in there getting work done.

I would avoid SPC

Really, whats happened, I was only up there a few weeks back, they had looooads of stuff in there getting work done.

Its just money money money mate,

they owed it and werent making enough **rumoured anyway**

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

and that lexus didn't blow up its on for sale in ike engineering website for sale its running 330bhp.

aztecbandit bought this car(it was his old one that caught fire) swapped the turbo with rabster for his supercharger and thats that.....

bandits back on a charging mission he has one of te best is200s on here....