Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth 2006 Sc430 & Iphone

cashie

I would like to know if an Iphone (preferably 3g but 2g would be OK) will work with the Bluetooth in my 2006 SC430.

I've tried contacting Lexus but the person I spoke to basically couldn't care less. He just said "the Sc430, thats an old model isn't it?" and directed me to a website which seems to indicate that the Iphone 2g will work but only if it has certain firmware.

Surely Lexus who are apparently well known for their customer service have an expert who could actually help me with this issue.

I live in hope!

• 4 weeks later...
According to this site only the non 3G I phone is supported:

http://www.lexus-tech.eu/Bluetooth/search.aspx

Early Bluetooth was not great on these cars.

I can make and receive calls but not download the address book or pair 2 phones.

Cheers

Paul

I have a 2002 SC430 and have had a Parrot MKi9200 fitted. I had an harness made up by a US supplier that plugs directly into the back of the stereo headunit. The parrot kit plays through the car speakers and it has hardwired connectors for ipod/iphone, USB and aux. I have connected an Iphone via Bluetooth and through the hard wire connector with excellent results.

I have also used a PAlm Centro and B & O Serenata, via Bluetooth, all with excellent results. I had to find a US supplier, as I just could not source a suitable harness in the UK.

Happy to supply details to anyone who is interested.

Zeroallan

I can make and receive calls but not download the address book or pair 2 phones.

Cheers

Paul

I have a 2002 SC430 and have had a Parrot MKi9200 fitted. I had an harness made up by a US supplier that plugs directly into the back of the stereo headunit. The parrot kit plays through the car speakers and it has hardwired connectors for ipod/iphone, USB and aux. I have connected an Iphone via Bluetooth and through the hard wire connector with excellent results.

I have also used a PAlm Centro and B & O Serenata, via Bluetooth, all with excellent results. I had to find a US supplier, as I just could not source a suitable harness in the UK.

Zeroallan

Those details would be useful bud.

Cheers.

Gary.

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers

Paul

Zeroallan

Those details would be useful bud.

Cheers.

Gary.

Found a UK telmute supplier that seems to have looms for all Lexus models. Check out www.justcarkits.co.uk. I have been looking for a loom to connect a Parrot mki9200 to a recently purchased RX 300SEL. They supply for £51. The equivalent from Nexxia is £81

Zeroallan