Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot Lip Spoiler

My IS200 has a boot lip spoiler with a tacky led brake light (which looks silly with the standard 3rd brake light). I want to ditch the led's but want a replacement spoiler. Any suggestions?

The spoiler is very difficult to remove from the bootlid - it's often been said that it's simpler to swap bootlids with someone else who wants the spoiler than remove it. Normally the third brake light on the parcel shelf is removed when the spoiler is fitted, no idea why it hasn't been. I think the LED brakelight looks quite good, but get rid of the standard light though :)

My IS200 has a boot lip spoiler with a tacky led brake light (which looks silly with the standard 3rd brake light). I want to ditch the led's but want a replacement spoiler. Any suggestions?

The spoiler is very difficult to remove from the bootlid - it's often been said that it's simpler to swap bootlids with someone else who wants the spoiler than remove it. Normally the third brake light on the parcel shelf is removed when the spoiler is fitted, no idea why it hasn't been. I think the LED brakelight looks quite good, but get rid of the standard light though :)

Thats what i am doing with mine, bought a new boot lid and having it sprayed. Roughly £150 cheaper than just swapping spoilers!!

Gone from a lip spoiler to a RS200 one.

Hi there,

Sorry to interrupt the discussion. What do you mean by boot lip spoiler? I assume the one that I have on my car shouldn't be called a lip spoiler or is it the same?

backgp.jpg

As I assume I also have my boot lid swapped by the previous owner and I have now duplicated brake lights on the spoiler and the original on the window.

Flyeris you don't have the lip spoiler, you have the optional raised spoiler. The lip spoiler was fitted as standard to all IS200 Sports and IS300s (and SEs from 05 onwards) and is just a flat lip that sits on the bootlid.

Flyeris you don't have the lip spoiler, you have the optional raised spoiler. The lip spoiler was fitted as standard to all IS200 Sports and IS300s (and SEs from 05 onwards) and is just a flat lip that sits on the bootlid.

Ok - thanks. Just didn't know that the lip spoiler could also have the brake lights integrated within.

Ok - thanks. Just didn't know that the lip spoiler could also have the brake lights integrated within.

No problem, yep there were two lip spoilers, pre 01 they had no brake light, post 01 they had an integrated brake light.

This is the lip we're talking about:

DSC00427.jpg

DSC00445.jpg

(Hope Purvesh doesn't mind borrowing his pics :) )

Ahhh, see now thats a different spoiler from mine. Mine looks much cheaper! I found the cable for the LED light following the boot lid arm so its definitely aftermarket. I may just rip it off and drop it at a spray shop to see if they can remove the led's, fill the hole and respray it. Thanks for the help guys.