Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is200 - Tte Supercharger Installation Issue.

Good afternoon guys.

This is my first post here as have just started Lexus IS200 ownership.

So... a big HI to you all!

I have just acquired Jay's IS200.

Posting in here as I am after a bit of advice. The IS is fitted with a TTE supercharger conversion.

I am experiencing some issues with it. Basically, when driving normally and accelerating gently there is no issue.

However, when going to wide open throttle quickly. The E.M light comes on and puts the vehicle into limp home mode.

The only way to reset this is to kill the engine, pull over, pop the bonnet, disconnect the Battery for a couple of seconds, drop the bonnet and start the engine again. At which point the engine starts fine, with no E.M light lit.

I have caught wind that this problem COULD be related to the TTE supercharger throttle linkage or cable?

Jay has told me that the TTE SC kit fitted to my IS still retains the 1st Gen of the throttle cable and spring.

Apparently, there is a 2nd Gen of each of these parts now - development of which was aimed at curing some issues?

Could this be my problem - do the issues I have been experiencing match up to this? Or could it be something different?

A brief run down of engine upgrades (always helps): -

TTE Supercharger Kit

Prolex Exhaust Manifold

Prolex Sports CAT

HKS Hi-Power Silent CAT-Back Exhaust

TTE Supercharger Piping

Katana Intercooler

Carbon Fibre Air Intake, Filter

Greddy E-Manage Ultimate - Piggyback ECU

Greddy Electronic Touch Screen Infometer

Jun Fly Wheel

Helix Organic Clutch

Running the standard 0.3bar TTE SC pulley and standard injectors.

Mapped by JapPerformance.

Hopefully you can help!

Thanks all.

Kyle.

Hi Dimitris,

Yeah, not sure what the problem is exactly.

Part of me thinks I should just drop it down to TDI to have them sort it all out. Not sure yet. Will call them.

I am thinking that maybe it is a good long term plan to ditch the E-Manage Ultimate and go for HKS F-Con.

On your TTE supercharger conversion, did you ever experience such issues as the ones described by me above?

What engine management are you running with?

Standard TTE (black box) piggyback ECU with standard 0.3bar pulley and injectors?

Did you have to replace the TTE SC throttle cable and spring setup with the new ones that TTE developed? Or not?

Kyle - that sounds like fuel cut to me. Problem is your running the emange rather than Blackbox / HKS FCD so cant really hel p fix it.

The only difference between the throttle linkage's are the type of spring it uses on the SC. Does the bypas spring open nice and quick when you close it manually and let go? If so there is no problem.

Hi edeath.

I took a quick look at the cable and spring yesterday. The cable is a little frayed at the end where it attaches to the TTE SC sprung valve. One split cord in the metal wire, but still works.

I adjusted the cable tension yesterday so that it was tighter, but this didn't work.

Will try adjusting the cable tension the other way tonight, so that is it looser.

Not sure how it is meant to be set.

I will check the spring tension on the bypass valve tonight.

Was there two generations of the actual TTE throttle linkage cable?

Or was it only the spring that TTE revised on the SC throttle linkage.

Hi Dimitris,

Yeah, not sure what the problem is exactly.

Part of me thinks I should just drop it down to TDI to have them sort it all out. Not sure yet. Will call them.

I am thinking that maybe it is a good long term plan to ditch the E-Manage Ultimate and go for HKS F-Con.

On your TTE supercharger conversion, did you ever experience such issues as the ones described by me above?

What engine management are you running with?

Standard TTE (black box) piggyback ECU with standard 0.3bar pulley and injectors?

Did you have to replace the TTE SC throttle cable and spring setup with the new ones that TTE developed? Or not?

DO NOT take the car to TDi.

You have absolutely no need to ditch the emanage Ultimate its more than adepquate for the TTE setup. you also dont need any new injectors

normally with the TTE setup you only have a FCD.

It sounds like the boost cut on the emanage is too high and needs adjusting. you cannot let the MAP sensor reading above 4.34v

There is a different type of bypass release spring. does yours have a normal coil spring or a round type you see on say circlip pliers? the latter being the new design. Contact TTE and they will normally send you one.

Ive checked the emanage settings on that car myself and they look ok. has it been adjusted since?

Hi Bazza,

Running standard ECU with the Greddy E-Manage Ultimate acting as the piggyback unit.

Standard TTE piggyback unit (black box) was ditched.

Think the settings from the TTE piggyback unit were transferred over to the Greddy E-Manage Ultimate.

I have been told that the injectors (standard) are running at around 95% duty.

0.3bar (standard) TTE SC pulley.

Lambda on the dyno print outs starts off at around 15 and works it's way down to around 11.8.

1600rpm - 15 lambda

2400rpm - 13.5 lambda

3200rpm - 13 lambda

4000rpm - 12.8 lambda

4800rpm - 12.2 lambda

5600rpm - 11.9 lambda

6400rpm - 11.8 lambda

Fuelling correctly? Or too lean for a SC setup?

251 bhp (flywheel)

225 ftlbs (peak torque)

Cheers,

Kyle.

TDI do not have a good reputation on these forums and i would reccomend you to stay away from them.

some people have had experience with spc horesham (sp?)

the cable should be adjusted to around the middle of the adjuster at the bypass end of the cable.

dyno is not correct as you cant get anywhere near 250bhp with just a compressor, 220 is about tops

injectors are fine as standard, kit was sanctioned by TTE and they dont recommend changing them

if its not the TTE box i would look at the throttle cabling, make sure its not tight and has slack

failing that, you may need to get someone to look at the EMU, best get someone who knows the greddy equipment

Hi guys. Thanks for the heads up regarding TDI.

As for the dyno results done at JP - they are flywheel horse power. So after transmission losses would be circa 220bhp at the hubs I would have thought.

Or are you saying that it is 220bhp at the flywheel max?

I will slacken off the cable tonight and give it a go again.

Will take a picture as well.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement TTE SC bypass valve cable from?

Or is it only available from TTE directly? Anyone know the TTE part number?

Same for the bypass valve spring?

Thanks guys.

Alot of good help so far!

Kyle.

Hi Kyle - I bought one recently from tte direct - and will try find the invoice /part number for you - later tonight.

Have a read of this thread mate - the part numbers and pics are all there I think.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=60836 this next post is also useful

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...9&hl=spring

not sure it will actually help your issue though .. but leave that to the experts.

Good luck

Kev

Hi guys. Thanks for the heads up regarding TDI.

As for the dyno results done at JP - they are flywheel horse power. So after transmission losses would be circa 220bhp at the hubs I would have thought.

Or are you saying that it is 220bhp at the flywheel max?

I will slacken off the cable tonight and give it a go again.

Will take a picture as well.

Same for the bypass valve spring?

Thanks guys.

Alot of good help so far!

Kyle.

would be very very surprised if you had more than 220 at the flywheel nevermind the hubs... i agree with barry that the dyno is wrong.

dyno is not correct as you cant get anywhere near 250bhp with just a compressor, 220 is about tops

injectors are fine as standard, kit was sanctioned by TTE and they dont recommend changing them

if its not the TTE box i would look at the throttle cabling, make sure its not tight and has slack

failing that, you may need to get someone to look at the EMU, best get someone who knows the greddy equipment

Agree with Bazza you will not get 250 on any TTE kit 220 Yes , As far as injector's go we ran our car at 250 on std Injectors and it was fine for feul , We have now gone to big injectors and 1,0 bar boost with 330 Bhp on STD internals which apparently could not be done .

Bit of a development after some tinkering around tonight in the dark guys... after a bit of WD 40 action on the compressor bypass valve mechanism and the adjustment of it (tension) with a couple of spanners. I can now go WOT without the E.M light coming on at all. Gave it a bit of stick under various conditions for an hour tonight and all seems well in that department now.

Just got to sort out a few electrical wiring issues now. May look at getting the E-Manage re-mapped at Noble Motorsport once the wiring issues have been sorted out. The map could do with a bit of tweaking I reckon. Jay supplied me with a new 0.55bar pulley, belt to match and new Power Enterprize 550cc injectors. This would be the next step, but would need to go HKS F-Con Pro for this I think (to control new injectors) and not to sure on the standard internals.

As you can see from my last car (which Jay now has - I took the Lex in PX) - I tend to go the full hog with things. FPMSL.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1294166.htm

Cheers,

Kyle.

Bit of a development after some tinkering around tonight in the dark guys... after a bit of WD 40 action on the compressor bypass valve mechanism and the adjustment of it (tension) with a couple of spanners. I can now go WOT without the E.M light coming on at all. Gave it a bit of stick under various conditions for an hour tonight and all seems well in that department now.

Just got to sort out a few electrical wiring issues now. May look at getting the E-Manage re-mapped at Noble Motorsport once the wiring issues have been sorted out. The map could do with a bit of tweaking I reckon. Jay supplied me with a new 0.55bar pulley, belt to match and new Power Enterprize 550cc injectors. This would be the next step, but would need to go HKS F-Con Pro for this I think (to control new injectors) and not to sure on the standard internals.

As you can see from my last car (which Jay now has - I took the Lex in PX) - I tend to go the full hog with things. FPMSL.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1294166.htm

Cheers,

Kyle.

Pm'd mate

• 4 months later...

hi mate can you tell me if the remap at japperformance was at ellon in aberdeenshire if it was have it remaped some where else as i had same problem on celica japs not in there anymore and the word cowboy comes to mind anyway mate its worth asking about i know from experiance all bad eg remap wrong exaust wrong turbo wrong get the drift goodluck hope this helps

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links