Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blue Smoke On Start Up............

Valve stem oil seals usually from cold start up is my experience for most engines but this isn't something you'd expect really. How many miles has the car done?

Hiya mate

this my experience: I had the same blue smoke last 3-5 seconds in the cold morning, so asked around, the car looked at by someone "know" what they are doing, most of people said it's the Valve stem seals

so the engine top rebuilt --- took 1 week and £800

got the car back, it seems ok for 1 week and got the blue smoke again......

called an old firend in B'ham dealer, who told me change the PVC valve (can't remember the name something like that) cost £2, chanaged myself.

smoke is gone for good......

try the PVC valve 1st, cheap and easy to do, if it doesn't work, try something else.

Good luck mate

Location diagram HERE and inspection procedure HERE

You will probably need to remove the air filter housing and the plastic engine cover to get at it. It is located on the side of the rocker cover and connects to the throttle body through a hose.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links