Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Guys,

I turned on the heated front screen the last few frosty mornings with the expectation that the sreen would clear of ice in seconds....i waited...and waited...and then...nothing! What way should this work? Is it possible that the fuse governing it has blown or what could the problem be? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

cheers

the quickest way is to get a little warm (not hot or kettle boiled) water and pour gentle over from the top of the screen. the water need only be a little warm as it will still melt the frost/ice. then use a water blade to complete. oh, and worth turning the car on and pressing the windscreen button on the aircon and the wiper heater button.

:D

the quickest way is to get a little warm (not hot or kettle boiled) water and pour gentle over from the top of the screen. the water need only be a little warm as it will still melt the frost/ice. then use a water blade to complete. oh, and worth turning the car on and pressing the windscreen button on the aircon and the wiper heater button.

:D

How do i heat the water?

Seriously, when buying the car, i was advised that it was a heated windscreen and there i was waiting for the first frosty morning so i could use this wonderful device. Anyway, you live and learn i guess!!

Proper heated windscreens are only available on Ford group cars, they own the patent.

...and some folk find the fine wires interfere with forward vision (though perhaps not with the more expensive metalic film type, also Ford's). Both types much reduce the reception on portable SatNavs.

Proper heated windscreens are only available on Ford group cars, they own the patent.

Although Volkswagen offered it on the Sharan as an option. Presumably as it and the Galaxy were

built in the same factory in Portugal and shared the same platform

Although Volkswagen offered it on the Sharan as an option. Presumably as it and the Galaxy were

built in the same factory in Portugal and shared the same platform

Correct, the VW Sharan/Ford Galaxy/Seat Alhambra were a shared platform designed by Ford but the VW and Seat used VAG group engines, there essentially all the same car.

• 2 weeks later...

The wiper heater, combined with the a/c windscreen fan with high temperature usually clears it for me in two or three minutes! Failing that, a small amount of water poured from the top of the screen might be all that's needed to finish it off nicely.

I've not had bad snow yet though - this all worked for icy conditions.

Seriously, having hired and driven uber mondeo with heated screen, I wouldn't buy it or even consider it with a heated screen! The fine elements cause fine starring at night with oncoming headlights - far from increasing forward vision (which granted for 10 minutes on a frosty morning is excellent) it hinders for hours of night driving.

And as a bird watcher, it is noticible when you park up and just want to admire the view, or indeed look through binoculars (might be true for beach birds too - or is that sexist?)

I go with the luke warm water bit - it really does only take about a minute two slosh front back and side screens, and squeegy down - you also get a cleaner windscreen removing all that ****ty road salt...

Be greatful you don't have the promised heated screen.