Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Fog Light Conversion

jeffrosie

Hi mate, ive done all the wiring show on the PDF, but haven't replace the fog light bulb holder, there are still the original fog bulb and bulb holder. Now my car works like when I brake four lights on, and the fog light button still work. The only problem is when the rear light on, the two in the middle are not on. I don't know what to do next to let it works, ive got two tail light bulb holders, just don't know how to fit it or it needs extra wiring. Sorry about my English, hope if u understand what I mean, can give me some advise.( better if u can show me on pictures) thanks very much mate

hmm, link doesnt seem to work.

Copy and paste this into google, and follow the first link. "DIY: The Skyline mod (a.k.a Fog to tail light conversion)"

Patrick Lindblom have made an exelent guide, showing how it is done.

Thanks mate, so what I need to do is replace the tail light holder to the fog holder, wire the extra wire to the number plate light, to let the fog light on when I turn on the rear light. Am I right?

You need to buy this ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180654630121?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648 ) And some bulbs for it. Then you need to solder it in place instead of the original Fog light bulb holder and the extra wire you are gonna solder on to the numberplate light.

Ive done all of it already, now new problem comes. I'm sure all the wiring are right. I put 4 LED lights on it, I breaks the fuse. When I put normal bulb on it, it works fine. Is there any one try LED light on this mod before?

Wen,

If I'm reading this correctly you've done the wiring for brake lights and standard backlights to illuminate through the foglight? (as well as fog working normally)

If so, you need a dual element bulb. That LED looks like it is single element and depending on its physical make up might by shorting the two circuits, hence the fuse blowing.

Will you take a photo of the LED lamp you are using and of the bulb that actually works and post it here for us to see? Try and get the connections on the bottmom of the bulb clearly.

Just looked at the bulbs youve bought off eBay, and they look the right type!

As to why their blowing fuse's i can only think their faulty?

As for drawing more amp voltage to make the fuse blow, leds draw a fraction of what normal bulbs do, so that's not it!

Did you fit LED bulbs in all 4 brake/tail light holders or just the fog light modded ones?

Try swapping the bulbs about a bit, just relpace one at a time, test to see all's well then move on to next and so on, you my find one of the led's to be faulty or that your wireing my be at fault?

Hope this helps.

Actually, Jomo is right - I was just thinking about the conections on one side not both.

Try testing with a small length of wire at the Battery to check each part of each LED lamp as wellas Jomo's suggestions of one by one. (or fogs/rear pairs)

It is possible in your wiring you have the brake light circuit wired to the rear light circuit. This wouldn't matter with a bulb as it would just act like a large resistor rather than a short.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, success done the conversion rear fog light on weekends.

Does anyone who did this conversion think the red fog light is brighter than the rear brake light itself?

need to get opinion/solution from all guys here before i get into big trouble :geek:

thanks

• 2 years later...

Finally, success done the conversion rear fog light on weekends.

Does anyone who did this conversion think the red fog light is brighter than the rear brake light itself?

need to get opinion/solution from all guys here before i get into big trouble online2long.gif

thanks

Yes its is brighter than press break light.

And people go back to topic there still no proper Guide on how to BUMP

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links