Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Fog Light Conversion

jeffrosie

Has any done this concersion like on the Altessa. The lights should come on with normal lights and go bright with the brake lights or come on with the fog lights. a two wat action, if you know what I mean.

me done it me done it so have a few others,very easy to do should tale no more than 15/20 mins to do.and makes the car look 100% better.

heres the link on how too.

light/fog/brake conversion

the bulb holders on the left are the ones you need

onesonleftareneededfort.jpg

lights on

p141109164501.jpg

brake lights on(old pic not got a recent one but they've not changed)

brakelightson.jpg

hope that helps matey.

PS this mod is NOT ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!some people will tell you it is but its NOT

• Like 1

Thanks M8, exactly what I was lookin for :)

Where can I get the bulb holders from Ormi??

you can get them from a main dealer for a small morgage think approx £30 a bulb holder!!!!or you can do what i done phoned about the scrappy's around your area and ask if they have any lexus is200/300/sportcross's or any toyota altezzas if they have go down and cut the bulb holders off them(main rear lights) i got mine and an an other member called moley's for £4.

• 1 month later...

i thought that you need a fog light for mot? if you set it up as rear/brake light surly you need another light for the fog?

p.s. would love to cut out the "2 in the pink one is the stink" on your bumper and having the glowing hand as the fog light :shifty:

i thought that you need a fog light for mot? if you set it up as rear/brake light surly you need another light for the fog?

p.s. would love to cut out the "2 in the pink one is the stink" on your bumper and having the glowing hand as the fog light :shifty:

that logo is called the "shocker".

ive done the conversion for the brake lights in the fogs. but not the rear light conversion.

i might have a little drive down the scrappy and get myself some bulb holders. if there is spare then il pick some up for others. il post here if i get some.

• 3 weeks later...

After going through like 10+ threads on the rear fog mod I think I understand what the American Holders means.

So my next question for you guys is:

I would like to do the fog/sidelight conversion (when my tail lights are on...my fog lights light up at normal brightness).

From my understanding, what is required here is to buy the two new dual filament holders + the 7443 dual filament bulbs. What i'm not sure about is if I would still need the diodes?

And if I do this, when I press my button for Fog lights, will it be at standard (crazy bright) brightness or just regular tail light brightness?

What I am trying to avoid is basically having the fogs turn on when braking with the standard fog brightness which is simply too bright to act as brakes but I do like having the fogs turn on as regular brightness when driving at night.

If you guys can point me in the right direction that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!

If your only wanting to make the fogs act as side lights and fogs then you don't need any diodes. In response your query about them being bright enough, yes they will be as the dual fillament bulb is the same as that in the brake light, will be 'tail light' bright when tail lights are on and the usual brightness of the standard fogs when you turn the figs on. Hope that helps :winky:

so if that's exactly what I want...great!

To do this install then all I would need are the 7443 holders + the 7443 bulbs...splice them into the Fog wires and that's it correct?

Yes, although you will need to buy the loom rather than just the holders and then cut the holders off....about £15 each from the dealers. You will also need to modify the fog light lens slightly to allow the 7443 holders to fit......once you get to that point of the install you will realise that you need to cut away a bit of the back of the lens or a tab on the holder (cant remember which i did) to allow it to fit, was about 6 odd years ago but i think i remember using wire cutter followed by a file to make the cut.

so if that's exactly what I want...great!

To do this install then all I would need are the 7443 holders + the 7443 bulbs...splice them into the Fog wires and that's it correct?

Yes, although you will need to buy the loom rather than just the holders and then cut the holders off....about £15 each from the dealers. You will also need to modify the fog light lens slightly to allow the 7443 holders to fit......once you get to that point of the install you will realise that you need to cut away a bit of the back of the lens or a tab on the holder (cant remember which i did) to allow it to fit, was about 6 odd years ago but i think i remember using wire cutter followed by a file to make the cut.

go to the breakers find a 200/300 remove the rear light and cut the bulb holders out take approx 4 inches of wire.....to make them fit the rear fogs you mod the bulb holders cut the two biggest tabs off you do not need to touch the fog light lens.

Hey Guys,

Very interested in doing this mod... however i'm slightly worried about what would happen if you turn on your fog lights for normal use in the Fog... therefore at the fog lights are at their full brightness... then you brake... wouldn't the extra current supplied by the brake feed along with the high current required for the standard fog light, blow the bulbs??

For example.... say my car was modded with the fogs to come on for 3 things like you suggest...

Normal fog light use

When the rear lights are on

Under braking

If its night you have the rear lights, you brake the fogs two stage filament is at its brightest... surely if you then hit fog and turn on your fog lights the bulbs are just not going to cope?? Surely??

If i'm way off please do explain... Cheers

Hey Guys,

Very interested in doing this mod... however i'm slightly worried about what would happen if you turn on your fog lights for normal use in the Fog... therefore at the fog lights are at their full brightness... then you brake... wouldn't the extra current supplied by the brake feed along with the high current required for the standard fog light, blow the bulbs??

For example.... say my car was modded with the fogs to come on for 3 things like you suggest...

Normal fog light use

When the rear lights are on

Under braking

If its night you have the rear lights, you brake the fogs two stage filament is at its brightest... surely if you then hit fog and turn on your fog lights the bulbs are just not going to cope?? Surely??

If i'm way off please do explain... Cheers

cant explain mate but had this mod done for a year and a half and still on the same bulbs......

no it just looks smart but your car will need to be fitted with a fog light if your importing it(fitted to the right or center of the rear bumper)or you can do it how we've done it.