Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turbo Or Supercharger And How To

Which is better, SC or turbo?

What one should I choose?

How is on installed?

What are the power gains?

Cant find a guide on it for an is200 anywere!!

you cant have searched very hard as ALL the info is available via the new technology breakthrough called google.

i just typed in is200 supercharger and all the sites show pictures and power info - same with is200 turbo

right you can get a TTE supercharger for the IS. this pushes the car to 200bhp and its pretty much bolt on and not hard to fit.

with the supercharger the car is still very smooth and nice to drive.

SPC is doing a turbo kit for the IS which is not for sale at the moment should be for sale after a while i think!. with SPC kit they are claiming the car could sit at 300bhp safely all it needs is a good map but in the past if the IS is pushed above 250bhp the engine just gives away.

supercharger will be more realible than a turbo.

supercharger will cost around £2000. unsure about turbo mate

right you can get a TTE supercharger for the IS. this pushes the car to 200bhp and its pretty much bolt on and not hard to fit.

with the supercharger the car is still very smooth and nice to drive.

SPC is doing a turbo kit for the IS which is not for sale at the moment should be for sale after a while i think!. with SPC kit they are claiming the car could sit at 300bhp safely all it needs is a good map but in the past if the IS is pushed above 250bhp the engine just gives away.

supercharger will be more realible than a turbo.

supercharger will cost around £2000. unsure about turbo mate

Well mate SPC charges around 5500 for a turbo kit (240bhp)!

is it really worth £2000 for a supercharger to only get 200 bhp?

and all the messin about fitting it and don't even mention car insurance!

it is easy to fit, half day work or a full day with brakes. It is the cheapest option to raise power to 200bhp. If you choose the turbo road you are looking for much more than 2k.

well i would say its well worth it. yeh its only 200 bhp but trust me mate it makes the car alot quicker and it only takes 8 hours to fit mate. a turbo wouldcost you atleast double because you will have to buy ecu and remap it where as the supercharger does not need all that its all bolt on. when you come to sell the car the supercharger should still be worth 2000 pounds mate.

turbo it !mines turbo'd they are so much better than a S C as you are not on boost all the time,also you save so much more fuel with the turbo and another thing you can go further with the tuning.from the level im at all i need to do is get some big injectors and a remap and i have over 300bhp out of the std engine.

the thing im getting at is that i think you will soon get bored with the power level of a S C as we all know power is adictive.

• 1 month later...
is it really worth £2000 for a supercharger to only get 200 bhp?

and all the messin about fitting it and don't even mention car insurance!

Can I fit a SC to the IS300 for a similar cost?

Who can fit these?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

You'd need an intercooler, and ecu.

The brakes are fine unless your going to 400bhp+ or something.

The clutch can be uprated but im running a standard one and its fine. the gearbox is ok as well

• 2 weeks later...

can't turbo run without remap? if it is making 0.3bar like the SC... someone said turbo needs remap and SC doesn't.

at 0.3 bar whats the point? be cheaper to get a charger.

but your right it *should* be ok at 0.3 bar with just a FCD/BCC/TTE black box