Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Suspension Clunking Noise

Chopskee

I have recently bought a 1999 LS400 and it has a knocking noise on the passenger side front over bumps. I have read from previous posts that it is more than likely upper wishbone wear and it is quite an easy job. I found a pair of from wishbones on eBay for £99 from A2Z car parts in Wakefield and had read in previous posts that the quality is OK, seems cheap to me so just want to see if anyone have bought these and were they up to the job? Cheers

Nath then mi old son..

i bought an upper wish bone from the same company earlier this year. Mines a Mkll and it was £69.99. Looked just like the original and went straight on no problems.

The service was second to non as well. Arrived the next day.

I need another for the other side now and wont hesitate to order from A2Z in the new year.

Good look mate. Hope that helps.

Cheers for the reply John. I ordered both sides for £99 from A2Z, paid £7.95 for courior delivery and they arrived 1st thing this morning, excellent service. They seem to be good quality, was going to fit them this afternoon but chickened out due to the weather! Do you think I will need a ball joint seperator or as they are being binned would a hammer do? Going to build up some courage and brave the weather tomorrow...

It must be 1984 when i last tried to seperate a ball joint without a splitter. I was young and skint in those days.

I seem to remember that i was bashing away at it for ages.

Id buy a splitter. Mine will have been a cheap one. Its just like a chissel with a split in it. You shove it in the ball joint and bash the other end with a hammer. by driving the chissel into the joint it splits it open. It also cuts through the rubber boot/cover. Okay if your splitting it to replacing the joint but if splitting a joint to get access to something you`ll find that the boot is split and teh weather will get in and wreck it.

For this reason, if i was buying for the first time, id pay a bit extra and get the puller type. I stand to be corrected but im sure you can reuse the ball joint if needs be cause they dont split the rubber boot open.

You only buy one once mate. mines still good as new.

When slowly turning my 99 LS400 on or near full lock it feels as if I've driven over a pothole. I would be glad of any advice or comments. Thanks. Rod

Sounds more like the ball joint has popped and not the bushes on the arms.

Just out a prey bar in there and see whats loose before replacing. On full lock check as the lower bushes as well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links