Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally Bought An Ls400!

After searching for a long time for a MK4 LS400 I have finally bought an immaculate condition 99 plate and absolutely love it. I really could not believe the condition of the car when I saw it, wanted a DHP model but couldnt turn this down. I have just returned from a 800 mile round trip to Scotland and it didnt miss a beat and is so comfortable, it even managed 29 mpg which I was surprised at. Now there are a few of the usual faults that I knew about that I will need to sort like front upper wishbones and one of the front bonnet struts need re-gassing.

There are two electrical faults that I havent read before in the forum, 1st is the steering column only moves up and down but not in and out and 2nd is the rear heated screen only demists on 1/3rd of the screen. Has anyone ever came across these problems? Apart from that everything works as it should, I would say to anyone who is half thinking of buying an LS is do it, you wont be dissapointed!

After searching for a long time for a MK4 LS400 I have finally bought an immaculate condition 99 plate and absolutely love it. I really could not believe the condition of the car when I saw it, wanted a DHP model but couldnt turn this down. I have just returned from a 800 mile round trip to Scotland and it didnt miss a beat and is so comfortable, it even managed 29 mpg which I was surprised at. Now there are a few of the usual faults that I knew about that I will need to sort like front upper wishbones and one of the front bonnet struts need re-gassing.

There are two electrical faults that I havent read before in the forum, 1st is the steering column only moves up and down but not in and out and 2nd is the rear heated screen only demists on 1/3rd of the screen. Has anyone ever came across these problems? Apart from that everything works as it should, I would say to anyone who is half thinking of buying an LS is do it, you wont be dissapointed!

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a DHP model?

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a DHP model?

Dynamic Handling Pack

The model has uprated suspension, larger wheels and a few other bits and bobs

I've had the steering problem too. Remove the plastic steering column cover (three screws) and remove the motors with an Allen Key (you will see where they are, it's quite a simple set up). You either need a new motor, it may be unplugged, it may not be getting power or (like mine) it may simply be clogged with dirt. I brushed mine down, re-greased it, put it back and it works fine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links