Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Cd Player Alternative?

Adz T

Hello, as with everyone else on this forum, my IS200's CD changer/player has ***** itself. I have had it out and the black 'U' shaped clips have snapped and are just in a bad way haha.

I have been considering a number of different things: double-din, single-din fold out or just a standard headunit/face-off. All of them have their pros and cons and I think they are obvious but a big issue for me is the re-sell value of my Lex. (E.g. I don't want a full-blown sound system with wires all over the place and new 6x9's and 4 subs in the boot etc.)

I went into an in-car-audio shop and had a discussion with the guy there, he was very helpful and was explaining the bypass of the built in amp behind the glove box in the IS200 SE. He was also telling me about the issues with the IS200 standard 6x9 speakers on the rearshelf and because the amp would have to be bypassed he would only be able to power the main part of the stock 6x9 which could impair quality of the sound in the car and if I have my music on too loud then I could end up blowing my headunit. Bit of a nightmare.

Basically, I am sick to DEATH of the radio, I can't stand adverts and I would like to be able to listen to my own music. I have been set on CD players to be honest, just nice, easy and convenient. I worked out that for a cheap-ish headunit, fitted and a fascia adapter and everything else I am looking around £200. Which to me is a little steep.

I do have an iPod and I have never really looked into using it with my IS200 (because I didn't even know you could do it) a friend of mine mentioned an iPod kit for my car like a retro fit, and I am SURE it is kam05 that has one of these badboys installed, a GROM iPod retro-fit kit. GROM iPod kit

The glory of this kit is that I keep all my IS200 sound system stock and when I come to sell the car I can include the iPod kit with it.

As I said, I have an IS200 SE on a 51 plate, it is a top-loading CD player unit and the problem I have is that the clips inside the CD changer are bo**ocksed!!

Will I have any problems in fitting this kit? And a better question! Where do I even plug this thing in? :)

Unusual for a top loader to have gone wrong, they're generally fine. As long as you don't have a 13902 unit, then the grom should work fine. Simple as anything to fit, just plugs into the spare port on the back of the OEM headunit, and that's it! :)

Unusual for a top loader to have gone wrong, they're generally fine. As long as you don't have a 13902 unit, then the grom should work fine. Simple as anything to fit, just plugs into the spare port on the back of the OEM headunit, and that's it! :)

I have checked today and I have a '13903' unit! So I should be fine?

(also: BUMP!!)

• 2 weeks later...

I have checked today and I have a '13903' unit! So I should be fine?

(also: BUMP!!)

hi mate

where do u check for the model number of your unit??

do you have to take the whole thing out??

• 2 months later...

Mine is the 13902 (bottom loading) and it works fine!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links