Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Delay In Door Opening

HI everyone

My 99 Reg IS200S developed a strange problem last year: When you press the Open button on the key, the door won't open until about 10 seconds later.

This happens to all three keys, which all have brand new batteries.

When you first press the Open button, there is a click sound in the car immediately. However the door only opens and lights flashs after about 10 seconds.

I've tried to disconnect the car Battery, tried to clear the ECU (by removing those two fuses). No luck.

Other than the delay the car runs perfectly.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

What do u think the problem is?

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Cheers,

smartwave

I once visted Lexus Birmingham to buy some service parts and talked to the lady in reception area. She told me she wanted 105 pounds (that's excluding the VAT!) to diagnose the problem and extra to fix it. :tsktsk:

I ran away immediately as I don't think my car worth that much.

Might be a slow central locking motor/gunged up mechanism - it's possible that the car only flashes the lights once it has sensed that the lock mechanism has fully unlocked. This is purely conjecture though, but worth a look - see which, if any doors can be opened a few seconds after you hear the click and before the lights flash - if one is noticeably slower it may be the culprit..

Might be a slow central locking motor/gunged up mechanism - it's possible that the car only flashes the lights once it has sensed that the lock mechanism has fully unlocked. This is purely conjecture though, but worth a look - see which, if any doors can be opened a few seconds after you hear the click and before the lights flash - if one is noticeably slower it may be the culprit..

All four doors open at exactly the same time, I mean, after the delay.

The chance of all four doors are gunged is very slim. So it is very unlikely to be gunk mechanism.

Once the doors are opend, when I click the open button on the key, all doors open immediately, I mean, giving out that door opening sound immediately.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links