Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trading In A Is250 08 Plate For 400h 07, Help

Need your help guys

I currently own a IS250 08 plate and am looking to change to a rx 400h, good or bad??

this is my dilemma

A toyota dealer has offered me a rx400h sr 07 plate for 22,000. 35k on the clock, does this sound like a good deal??

this is the dilema they got it from an auction lexus financial services sold it at the auction, so it looks like somebody didnt want it any more and gave the keys back and walked away???. so currently they don't know about the service history. they said they will contact lexus financial services for a duplicate service book and handbook, anything else I need they should get.

They don't know whether it has a full service history but they will give me 1 years toyota guarantee and a 40k service??

Is this a good move IS250 to RX400h, I'm going from a 08 plate to 07 plate?, as I cant seem to find a RX 08 plate with MM for under 22k.

They are giving me a good deal for my IS250.

Will I have alot of trouble with the RX, I need reliability.

Reasons for bigger, is I need more space for family and 4wd as rear wheel and snow cant take it anymore.

Any help is much appreciated? Im looking to keep it for a while a few years and hopefully get a beeter mpg then the IS250 in town driving.

Is the RX as luxurious as the IS250, I love the keylees entry and gadgets with the IS 250.

Where can I get the OEM dvd screens for the back?

Will I regret it and and end up running costing me more?? I know the 450h is out but it's way over my budget line ans really it a no no .

I haven't heard of many reliability problems with the RX so you should be fine there, but is this car a lot cheaper than others that are available of similar age and spec? If not then why not buy one that has a full service history? Either way as long as you get a warranty from Lexus it shouldn't be too bad.

Worth considering that the RX400h is not true 4WD like the RX300/350. It's mainly front wheel drive, with the electric motors kicking in at the rear when required. It also doesn't have as many gadgets as the IS - I know for sure it doesn't have keyless entry and there will be other toys missing as well. As an SR it is pretty much a base spec model with a few additions, so it will be lacking of some toys.

If you want the rear screens too, best to find a car with it, as the cost to retrofit will probably be astronomical. However, fitting an aftermarket system would probably be cheaper and better so best to take that route.

Hi, Thanks for the reply, the same spec are around 3-4 thousand more, and also this lender is giving me 18,500 for my IS, which is a shock, I think he really wants show of the rx, I saw it todat it looks mint, the only thing was it was missing the shelf in the boot, I'm not sure what it's actually called, anybody know what it is called and where I can get one from, I asked Lexus and the said 700.00 LOL.

The dealer said they will do a full 40k service, also found out about the service history, it had done a 10k but no 20k or 30k. I'm hoping the toyota warranty they are giving should cover me for anything major, I just need a rear shelf, any one know where I could get one please ?..

Couple of things if I were buying this:

1). If the car is on a 07 plate I would have thought it came with the original Lexus (3 year) warranty. IMO a good warranty is a MUST have. These are complicated cars and well worth going for the extended (Lexus) warranty option as well.

2). Sounds a bit dodge if no service has been done for the past two service points. Not sure where you would stand warranty wise if anything came up.

3). Service pack - I saved quite a bit by buying one. Give your local dealer a call and find out how much it would cost to get one.

You mention a missing shelf - do you mean the retractable cover? I'm sure I saw one being sold on the 'bay recently. Keep an eye out for cars being dismantled becuase £700 sounds rather steep!

I love my RX. Best car i've owned in a long time and would definately recommend it. Hope it all works out!

That's a very good point, an 07 should still have a bit left on the original warranty but if it hasn't been serviced regularly then they may retract that. Might be worth checking with Lexus GB as to whether it would be covered or not.

The thing that worries me is if it is considerably cheaper than anything else, and they're offering far more for your car then as you say they really want to get rid and my question is why? Could be a good idea to have an AA/RAC inspection done as there was a car on here not that long ago that was Lexus Approved but had a whole host of problems with it.

Ive gone with the deal, I phone lexus and they said everything is covered under the warrant as long as the part that is broken is nothing to do with it not being serviced.

Toyota are going to give me a full years guarantee with the car. Not sure if this guarantee can be used at lexus or only toyota places???

You think Lexus will give me an option to extend the warranty I know toyota will??. Not sure how lexus would deal with it, If I extend warrant and something goes wrong, you reckon they will come back and say you never serviced it at this point so its not covered so may stick with the toyota warranty, I mean they are the same company.

I found a cargo cover on eBay from the states for 100pounds. Mint condition so have ordered it.

It comes with checks like no finance on it or it has not been in any accidents.

Fingers crossed, At least I'm buying it from Toyota who own lexus so I should be able to stick some fight if something major happens.

That was the only thing about it I was worried, Warranty???

How is the rx in snow??

Congrats on the purchase mate, on the up side I think the RX is pretty bulletproof so you shouldn't have too many problems. The only thing I would be concerned about is the warranty on the hybrid powertrain as I believe that's longer than the normal warranty and not something you'd want to fork out costs for if something went wrong.

Otherwise having the car covered by Toyota is no big deal, at the end of the day a lot of dealers will have a shared workshop for Toyota and Lexus so doesn't really make a big difference as long as the same stuff is covered :)

The only problems I have heard with RX models were with a few RX400 models that seemed to have starting problems. You could leave the car not driven for a few days and the Battery would be flat. Hopefully they have sorted these issues. Other than that they are superb cars!!!

Need your help guys

I currently own a IS250 08 plate and am looking to change to a rx 400h, good or bad??

this is my dilemma

A toyota dealer has offered me a rx400h sr 07 plate for 22,000. 35k on the clock, does this sound like a good deal??

this is the dilema they got it from an auction lexus financial services sold it at the auction, so it looks like somebody didnt want it any more and gave the keys back and walked away???. so currently they don't know about the service history. they said they will contact lexus financial services for a duplicate service book and handbook, anything else I need they should get.

They don't know whether it has a full service history but they will give me 1 years toyota guarantee and a 40k service??

Is this a good move IS250 to RX400h, I'm going from a 08 plate to 07 plate?, as I cant seem to find a RX 08 plate with MM for under 22k.

They are giving me a good deal for my IS250.

Will I have alot of trouble with the RX, I need reliability.

Reasons for bigger, is I need more space for family and 4wd as rear wheel and snow cant take it anymore.

Any help is much appreciated? Im looking to keep it for a while a few years and hopefully get a beeter mpg then the IS250 in town driving.

Is the RX as luxurious as the IS250, I love the keylees entry and gadgets with the IS 250.

Where can I get the OEM dvd screens for the back?

Will I regret it and and end up running costing me more?? I know the 450h is out but it's way over my budget line ans really it a no no .

If its any help I went from a IS220D in Sept 08 to a new RX400H SR MM. I love the car and cant believe I've had it so long, its still a pleasure to get in and drive it as if it were new. I do quite a few miles per year (30k) and have had no problems at all, in fact I only got a new set of front tyres at 30K and my back ones are just about ready now (34K). I slightly miss the keyless entry and the push button start, but I can live without that, the MM is the same except you get a cassette player as well (how cool is that!). Performance is pretty good for a big car and my av mpg is around 30ish, I can get better if I drive slower. The family love it, we can throw our camping things in the back and go virtually anywhere and have some great fun. It has the luxury, the higher driving position, the power, the vesitility and the smile factor! Enjoy.

...it had done a 10k but no 20k or 30k.

I appreciate you have bought the car now, and your later response [from Lexus] stating that the Warranty would be honoured etc., but you must ask the question - why has this car done nearly 20K miles in one year and not had a service? You have bought a Hybrid vehicle; which is far more complex and chock-full of technology than the 'standard' RX - a prestige vehicle having missed not one but two services would send alarm bells ringing for me and the possible consequence of Lexus turning down a future warranty claim (albeit a low chance) is far too great.

...lexus...said everything is covered under the warrant as long as the part that is broken is nothing to do with it not being serviced.

A basic minimum requirement for any warranty to be honoured is that the car be serviced on time and in accordance with manufacturer stipulation, this vehicle has not. Lexus' statement gives them such a wide 'get out' it is ludicrous. They can very easily decline any warranty claim given that it has not been serviced on time and in accordance with their recommended schedule. And then its down to you to prove otherwise - which is both time consuming and costly (for you).

I also appreciate the selling garage (Toyota) will do the 40K service for you - I do hope they used the correct spec. oil (fully synthetic), changed the brake fluid (due every two years), pollen filter (also ever other year) and air filter as part of the '40K service'. But the other problem you have is the patchy/incomplete/non-Lexus Service History of the car. Buyers will expect a FLSH as a minimum and for the car to have gaps - positively alarming.

I would have run a mile from this car. Time will tell if you have been brave and snaffled a bargain or a lemon; I certainly hope it is the former and not the latter!

Just as an aside, how many keys did you get with the car? I'm going to guess you got one 'black' and one 'grey' key'?

Hi, Thanks for all the help, picked it up yesterday, well impressed, I miss the keyless entry and keyless start but I can wait for these on the 450h, when I upgrade in a few years. Well happy at the moment, so much space and I'm getting better mpg than the is250 auto, I have driven 100 miles down the motorway on cruise control at 75mph and driven round town for 40 miles and so far the average 33.5 mpg. Well impressed.

One thing, the front passenger airbag, how do I turn it off so that I can put a baby seat??, can't find the on/off switch the 250 had it??

any one know how to do it??

Thanks

Hi

I picked up a 08 plate RX400h SEL on 1st December, it has 35K on the clock but I will get the average down over the next few years.

The car is fantastic and been very good in the bad weather.

Not had a Lexus before but would not hesitate in recommending them, after sales and service is fantastic and they really care about their service.

I bought a 55 plate RX400h in June 09. Fantastic in the recent snow and ice. The rear motor came in as and when needed. Very sure footed all the electronic gadgets worked fine. See my forum about the auxilliary Battery. This is apparantly only to prime the electric system, and has limited life span to run any of the electrical systems, i.e Sat/Nav, a/con, radio if the engine is not running. I now carry a rechargable Battery starter pack in case of a flat Battery again. Otherwise a beautiful, comfortable car. I can average 35 mpg with a light right foot!