Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1g-fe Supercharged To 2jz-ge

Would probably be easier to just go with the IS300 as a full thing if it's not smashed up!

The 3 litre 2JZ engine is a much better base to work on though, stick a supercharger or turbo on it, for which there are many kits available, especially if it's a left hand drive!

I had fun in my supercharged IS but I've had a lot more fun in the twin turbo'd 2JZ-GTE Aristo :D

It depends on how much money you got to spend as it wouldn't be a cheap conversion as the mountings are different to start with, you got different wiring looms and ecu and I don't believe the gearbox from your IS200 will mate up to the 2JZ either.

It would more than likely be more powerful from the offset however and you could turbo it later on, of course depends how much it costs will factor this in as you may well be better off with a 2JZ-GTE to start with so you get best of both worlds.

I believe monster matt has done the GTE conversion so would have a better idea though.

I would go for 2J-GE but prepare to spend loads of money! [/ quote]

why .... why go through the effort of fitting a GE, when you can fit at GTE ...?

both are very hard to do .... and complicated.

explain your reasons?

[/ quote]

Well in USA they sell many turbo kits for the GE. The guy has written that he has found a GE that is why i proposed to him that i would fit a GE. Definetely a GTE is much better, but both engines need mega bucks to be spend. Once you fit such an engine the rest of the car must be upgraded. Brakes, suspension, gearbox, diff, etc.

Well in USA they sell many turbo kits for the GE. The guy has written that he has found a GE that is why i proposed to him that i would fit a GE. Definetely a GTE is much better, but both engines need mega bucks to be spend. Once you fit such an engine the rest of the car must be upgraded. Brakes, suspension, gearbox, diff, etc.

yup, i sure do know whats involved, your preaching to the converted there buddy :winky:

51528c88.jpg

hence why if your going to the effort...then the best options are, either get an IS300 in the first place and use that GE, or obtain a GTE

yup, i sure do know whats involved, your preaching to the converted there buddy :winky:

51528c88.jpg

hence why if your going to the effort...then the best options are, either get an IS300 in the first place and use that GE, or obtain a GTE

Nice looking motor you have there mate. Well soon i will jump from the SC to a GTE :hehe:

I've thought about buying a complete IS300 from the states and just move everything over in my IS200.. How would that work out?

The reason is really that we have bull**** import laws here in norway and to get plates on an IS300 would cost be about 15 000 - 20 000 £ alone, this is + the expenses for the car itself. I payed 16 400£ for my IS200 about a year ago, and then it was a stock '99.. Enough said.

why not turbo your std 1g-fe and get the same power as a std 2jz-gte.

At standard 2jz-gte power the 1g-fe will break. The rods are only safe for around 250bhp.

not strictly true anymore mate,

FCD killer works for SPC horsham, and they have an is running 320bhp on stock internals.

it appears another tuner may have had bad maps on their cars causing them to break.

if it all comes down to cost,and you have the money spare to do the 2jz-gte then go for it,mind you the gearboxes go for a far bit of wedge.but if money is a factor in things and 300bhp would be a nice number to have pushing your is200 then turboing the 1g-fe is a good lot.

why not turbo your std 1g-fe and get the same power as a std 2jz-gte.

At standard 2jz-gte power the 1g-fe will break. The rods are only safe for around 250bhp.

not strictly true anymore mate,

FCD killer works for SPC horsham, and they have an is running 320bhp on stock internals.

it appears another tuner may have had bad maps on their cars causing them to break.

Ah, I didn't realise the 1g-fe had been pushed that far. The last I heard was Spock's one which snapped a rod at about 270-280bhp. His was a twin turbo'd 1g-fe. But that was quite a few years back. There were a few since then including mine but none that I remember making that kind of power. I haven't been on the forums much lately so have probably missed quite a few examples. Good to see the boundaries are being pushed.

I didn't realise the 1G could go that far on stock internals either. I wonder how reliable it is or was that just for testing/dyno and they turn down the boost for daily driving? In any case, I think i will stick to my TTE charger. If i can make close to 200hp at the wheels with the charger after tweaking it like Sparkystav did, i'll be quite content.

Even though the NA version of the JZ is a good platform to start with, the work required to get the 2JZ-GE running is almost as much as the GTE version, so I might just get the GTE with VVT-i and be done with it.

Monster, as you have the experience (your engine bay looks great with the twin snails by the way) tell us what does not work in the GXE10 chassis after the GTE install. I done alot of research myself and I've have lots of conflicting info. one thing I've heard that the Traction Control is permenantly disabled. is this true? Also i've seen it in the SXE10 chassis and it appears the Tachometer doesn't work after the swap either

I didn't realise the 1G could go that far on stock internals either. I wonder how reliable it is or was that just for testing/dyno and they turn down the boost for daily driving? In any case, I think i will stick to my TTE charger. If i can make close to 200hp at the wheels with the charger after tweaking it like Sparkystav did, i'll be quite content.

Even though the NA version of the JZ is a good platform to start with, the work required to get the 2JZ-GE running is almost as much as the GTE version, so I might just get the GTE with VVT-i and be done with it.

Monster, as you have the experience (your engine bay looks great with the twin snails by the way) tell us what does not work in the GXE10 chassis after the GTE install. I done alot of research myself and I've have lots of conflicting info. one thing I've heard that the Traction Control is permenantly disabled. is this true? Also i've seen it in the SXE10 chassis and it appears the Tachometer doesn't work after the swap either

Stuff like that depends on your electrician mate,

a lot of cars done by one company had the ecu lights up and the fuel gauges not working properly.

However the guy that wired mine has worked all that out and my fuel gauges works perfectly with a standalone ecu as well as the ecu light

the project car is running 320bhp and it has been for a good 5k or more now,

i dont know if the traction worked or not, but even if it did it wouldn't be very adaptable to a considerable power increase.

i chose to run Racelogic traction control in mine, but eventually removed it becusse i didnt really need it, the car drove very predictable, but it wasnt really ever used in the rain....so

the tachometer worked fine on mine, even after i swapped to the 180mph TTE clocks

the only thing that didnt work, and thats because i didn't want it connecting back up was the aircon

even my fuel gauge worked fine

• 2 weeks later...