Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Puddle Lights Finished

ormi

even though their was snow and i had to dig round my car to lie on the cold ground and fit the led's to my puddle lights,i finally done it and i think it looks 100% better....

what you's think now??

p231209222201.jpg

p2312092222.jpg

heres how it looked before.

p071209220101.jpg

Looks great ormi, if only you took some pics under so I would have a betta idea of what you've done lol

P.S.. Might be a silly question but, is it ONLY legal to have switched on when the car is not moving..?

what i have done matey is got 4 number plate bulb holders from a micra attached them to the side skirt under each door and they come on when i push the unlock button,fade out the same as the ignition ring and go off when pushing the lock button.

in order for lights to be legal under a car(while moving) you would have to run orange ones on the sides,white to the front and red to the rear which would look silly.

looks tasty! what connections did you tap into? the door lights or the top interior light?

cheers matey, the ignition ring mate it was the easyest to get too.(you cant really tap in to the door lights as they only come on when you open the door so you would have already stepped in the puddle lol).

• 2 months later...
even though their was snow and i had to dig round my car to lie on the cold ground and fit the led's to my puddle lights,i finally done it and i think it looks 100% better....

what you's think now??

p231209222201.jpg

p2312092222.jpg

heres how it looked before.

p071209220101.jpg

ormi i like these-in theory couldnt you have them any colour you like as they only come on when the car is stationary ?

also surely this would be a legal and useful use for all those old stock neons halfrauds must have lying about,i wouldnt want neons but would like a red glow ie LED strips or something similar-can you get waterproof LED ones ?

puddle lights would come in handy for me as i got a special needs child and he can get nervous when its dark not to mention clumsy-

oh no you might have started me on the modding trail

I think they look great mate... do they come on when you unlock the car..?

they come on when you unlock the door/opern the door from the inside and go out when you lock it close the door...

Nice work mate. Would add a nice 'glow' to a set of yellow ARB's wouldn't they.....

I STILL haven't got round to getting them off mate. Weather is better now though. Hangover dependant, I may have a go on Sunday. If not it will be soon!

Sorry to mess you about!

Nice work mate. Would add a nice 'glow' to a set of yellow ARB's wouldn't they.....

I STILL haven't got round to getting them off mate. Weather is better now though. Hangover dependant, I may have a go on Sunday. If not it will be soon!

Sorry to mess you about!

its cool mate dont panic............can i get them around the end of march??looking at big bonus and one hell of a lot of overtime due to this pedal recall poss approx £1400 in bonus and overtime alone plus my normal wage.......woopwoop.

How to the lights know when to doors have been unlocks??

Have you wired them to the locks.

Looks nice thow

when you unlock the car the ignition ring lights up i have wired them up to the ignition ring matey...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links