Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Do You Not Like About Your Is200?

IZZZY

i don't have an IS200, i have an RS200z, and the biggest thing i don't like about it:

people confuse it for an IS200.

haha!!!

My main thing is I believe considering that the Lexus is a 6 cylinder engine and has 6 gears that the engine revs far too high in 6th gear at 65/70mph... That's just over 3000rpm in my case.

The engine revs should be much lower in my opinion.

Apart from that, cruise control and auto close windows would be much appreciated.

A fantastic car all the same! We have little to complain about!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehere to keep your mobile fone that didnt spit it out under the seat every time you put your foot down would of been ok !! sorted mine now with a magnet under the drinksholder flap ( havent glued or screwed the dash at all ) but the fone stays where you put it now and you can see whose calling quite easily.

Gotta say all in all i do love the auto lex and the lazy,comfy and relaxed miles we do together

I dont like the totally rubbish fueleconomy..it´s pathetic

I dont like that the 6th gear is so short...lower revs for highwaydriving would be nice

Cruisecontrol would be nice.

otherwise it is a good car.

hi

my friends astra club 1.6 gives him about 35 to 40 miles on £10

my other friends bm 318 gives him 35 miles on £10

i get about 45 to 50 miles on £10

wahid

Good for you then

you might manage that kind of fueleconomy in strictly highwaydriving but not otherwise....i think the engine is an old lump that only found is way down the IS200 becuse they did not have any other small straight six available and did not want to make a new better engine..

- The steering is hyper sensitive, just sneezing causes the Lex to swirve of it's line, could've been better.

I'm sorry, but you're saying that sensitive direct steering is a bad thing? :o

Why do people keep saying a rear wiper. No (not many) saloon has ever had or currently have a rear wiper

Have to agree, comments about a saloon car needing a rear wiper are just ridiculous! :lol:

i think the engine is an old lump that only found is way down the IS200 becuse they did not have any other small straight six available and did not want to make a new better engine..

Yep the 1G-FE does date back a long time, it's a shame they didn't make a new engine for the IS as it could have transformed it and made it a more serious contender with its rivals. It's even worse in the auto with its 4 speed box.

I still love my IS, but on paper the economy vs. power numbers are atrocious. :(

Still cant believe the quality of Lexus, have only had it for under a year but I still grin like a cheshire cat when my butt slides into the comfy leather seats.

Love all the gizmos like heated mirrors,heated seats,climate control,snow buttons/trc control,6th speed manual box,the lovely purr of the engine and the feeling of safety.

The sound system although standard is quality, the ride quality is top notch and the braking is swift.

Only have 28000 miles on a 04 plate so havent really had any outlay in money terms but im dreading the next service. :whistling:

All in all im hooked.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links