Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Abs Light On When Stopped

tomo1981

Hi all wondered if you could help me?

I have a 99 V is200 and the abs light comes on only when the car has stopped and goes off immediately when i get going again (about 2 MPH) this happens.

It even comes on when I coast to a hault (not braking)

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Tom

have you got anything plugged into the obd port? this happens to me sometimes when i've just reconnected my scanguage. If you do have something plugged in then try unplugging and then plugging in again while engine is running. If that doesnt work turn engine off and try reconnecting. Its a tiny bit hit and miss.

Could be a faulty ABS sensor although that usually makes the traction control light flash when stopped but if you don't have TRC I guess another light would have to be used. Safest bet is to take it to your local Lexus dealer or a trusted garage with the appropriate test gear/scanner & see what code it's putting out.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a few scan tools ranging from £40 Argos one to $£4500 top line snap on one. I use my Argos one alot only gives code and roungh idea of fault. Things like lambda sensor, sensor one bank two. with a code. Doesnt pick up all fault codes either i can get more out using my other kits but as a guide i love it

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links