Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Caught Speeding

hi ive just been caught doing 58 in a 30 and need some urgent advice.

The road in question is a 60 and then theres a 30 zone for about 300m, the police were standing behind a car they just pulled over.

They were using a mobile speed gun.

Map of road

The road is manston ct road and the 30 zone is where the houses start and finish.I was travelling from left to right. The road drops down and back up where the 30 zone starts and finishes.

I was told that id be getting 3 points and a court summons and that the fine will be down to the judge and what sort of punishment i can expect.

Is there anyway of getting out of it.

Im sure i read that the police need to notify the public of any speed checks and that theres This Website that u can check or am I imagining it.

any help is appreciated

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sneaky coppers,they tryed to get me like that once.if it goes to court ask to see a CALIBRATION SHEET for the gun on that date for that time,because they have to regularly do it to get the bet reading on the gun and most of the time they havnt got it

sneaky coppers,they tryed to get me like that once.if it goes to court ask to see a CALIBRATION SHEET for the gun on that date for that time,because they have to regularly do it to get the bet reading on the gun and most of the time they havnt got it

I was thinking of just pleading guilty unless there is a definnate way of getting off of it.

I dont want to go to court and contest it only to lose and get an even worse punsishment.

The worst thing about it is my misses got caught on the same road doing 42 a few weeks ago so i know they are there and its a road i drive down daily.

Ive only seen them there on the two occasions that we've both been done in the last year though

I'm impressed that you have actually come on here and admitted your guilt. Lets hope the coppers aren't reading this thread. Especially as you have told them exactly where you were, what car you were in, and roughly the right time. Shouldn't be hard for them to pin you down. With all that in mind, just take the points and try not being a pillock doing double the limit again. Remember that if they clocked you at 58, your speedo was probably reading closer to 65. 5illy billy.

post over on pepipoo.com and go from there, fill in the NIP wizard and wait for the assistance from some of the posters.

the police do not need to inform anyone that they are doing speed checks.....

Sorry but what's your problem - you were doing nearly TWICE the speed limit on a road that you knew had a 30 zone and you got caught.

In my view doing 58 in a 30 zone is reckless if not dangerous driving - you said there are houses hence the 30 speed limit. Why did you feel it necessary to do such a high speed in what seems to be a built up area? Just accept that this time you got caught and accept the punishment. Perhaps you will learn a lesson from this, ie keep within the speed limits and you've nothing to worry about. Simples

true you are an idiot, however like said earlier they have to show the calibration sheet and if they tried to use this as evidence to say u proved ur gilt is just silly speak to an adviser about it never just plead guilty before finding out all the facts as you may think ur getting off lightly and u might just land urself in more trouble.

there are alot of factors to consider previous convictions and the like so just speak to someone in the know

Are you joking? 58 in a 30 with the current conditions!!!!

I was told that id be getting 3 points and a court summons and that the fine will be down to the judge and what sort of punishment i can expect.

Depends on the court........who told you it would be down to the Judge? Magistrates court NOT Crown Court so there will not be a Judge.

Hopefully not. Surprised you are only being reported for speeding to be honest.

Im sure i read that the police need to notify the public of any speed checks and that theres This Website that u can check or am I imagining it

Not really although they normally inform locations of active cameras etc on their local camera partnership website.

my wifes a traffic cop she just read this and said in these conditions and your speed your lucky you've not been reported for dangerous driving the least you will get is 3 points and a fine of what ever they feel like. one of our delivery drivers was caught doing 55 in a 30 and he was given 6 points and a £600 fine...........

also the camera partnership inform you of speed check areas the traffic police DO NOT and they DONT NEED TOO they pick and choose when and were ie no set place no set time, the camera partnerships areas are planned

The road in question is a 60 and then theres a 30 zone for about 300m, the police were standing behind a car they just pulled over.

They were using a mobile speed gun.

Map of road

The road is manston ct road and the 30 zone is where the houses start and finish.I was travelling from left to right. The road drops down and back up where the 30 zone starts and finishes.

Im sure i read that the police need to notify the public of any speed checks and that theres This Website that u can check or am I imagining it.

any help is appreciated

are for real?? today i couldnt even do 5mph at one point.lol

Im not trying to justify what i was doing was right, I know it was wrong.

The road is a 60mph country road that has a small 30mph section with houses on one side, which i normally slow down for, just not this time.

Sorry but what's your problem - you were doing nearly TWICE the speed limit on a road that you knew had a 30 zone and you got caught.

In my view doing 58 in a 30 zone is reckless if not dangerous driving - you said there are houses hence the 30 speed limit. Why did you feel it necessary to do such a high speed in what seems to be a built up area? Just accept that this time you got caught and accept the punishment. Perhaps you will learn a lesson from this, ie keep within the speed limits and you've nothing to worry about. Simples

Yeah and of course you and the rest here that are having a go him have never sped in the whole your driving lifes. We all do it and have done it somewhere in the past , so everyone get of your high horses.

Yeah and of course you and the rest here that are having a go him have never sped in the whole your driving lifes. We all do it and have done it somewhere in the past , so everyone get of your high horses.

Exactly what i was thinking.

I know I'm guilty just wanted some advice on what I should expect as punishment and is there anything i can do.

which i normally slow down for, just not this time.

Call me cynical but why do I find that statement hard to believe?

I am not trying to start an arguement with you but why ARE you taking such a cynical stance, are you trying to say that you have NEVER sped in your life and that you obey all speed limits to the letter of the law all the time.

...and your point is?? It's not a case of 'having a go' at him - and nowhere did I say I have never broken the speed limit. It's just that the OP is trying to find a way out of facing the consequences. If I had been caught speeding the last thing I would do is broadcast it. I'd just accept it happened and get on with it.

...and your point is?? It's not a case of 'having a go' at him - and nowhere did I say I have never broken the speed limit. It's just that the OP is trying to find a way out of facing the consequences. If I had been caught speeding the last thing I would do is broadcast it. I'd just accept it happened and get on with it.

Well my hole point is if you indeed do speed how can you even comment on someone else getting caught doing so and definately offering advice about staying within speed limits to me thats just being hypocritical.It could have easily been me you or anyone else on this forum caught doing it, I just feel its not a fair attitude to take

I think that it would be fair to say that we have all exceeded the speed limit at some time or other... A fair number of us have been caught and punished for it... And that is it, you get caught speeding and you take your punishment... It is typical of a great many folk these days who despite the fact that they know that they are guilty, try to get off on a technicality. Take your medicine, however distasteful it might be and learn from the experience...

I don't think there is anyone who will not admit to speeding

we know its wrong and therefore have to accept the consequences when caught

why is it that when caught fair and square, people try and find a way out of it ?

accept you were wrong, pay the fine, take the points and maybe slow down

mate its no the end of the world take the points and walk away get it over and done with and close the chapter but if you still dont learn then thats asking to get more points. if i was you i wouldnt be bothered as its just 3 points unless you have already got 9!

I don't think there is anyone who will not admit to speeding

we know its wrong and therefore have to accept the consequences when caught

why is it that when caught fair and square, people try and find a way out of it ?

accept you were wrong, pay the fine, take the points and maybe slow down

I agree with everything you have written. Lets see when the next time any of us go on a motorway that the speedo needle stays dead on 70 , can anyone say that it will. :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links