Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Should My Window Switches Illuminate

Hi all,im new to lexus is200 and here so please bear with me !

I have just bought a 1999 is100se and on the way home could not find the buttons for windows very easily ! are all the buttons in the door supposed to light up and if so whats the easiest way to change the bulbs ?

thanks for any help

you cant.... well you can but they are not normal leds they are smd tiny little leds that are soldered into the board

Oh ok thanks,i guess i should try and find a switch assy 2nd hand then,,,,,thanks

Its only the auto and i think its the window lock button that lights up so its onlt two buttons on that whole panel that lights and iam sure that most people dont notice them because they are dull .

And plus after a while you will get a automatic feel to where they are.

Its only the auto and i think its the window lock button that lights up so its onlt two buttons on that whole panel that lights and iam sure that most people dont notice them because they are dull .

And plus after a while you will get a automatic feel to where they are.

aaah ok thanks,i bought it the nite b4 the snow so i only got an hour drive home b4 i had to park it up and use my 4x4 as were pretty snowed in here but i think thats what i had was 2 small lights,,,i was kinda hoping the whole switch shud glow red like the rest of dash illumination,,oh well happy days i may not have to do the switch when it thaws after all-gotta do cambelt,rear pads and mot soon so plenty to get on with,,,,thanks again

• 11 years later...
On 1/9/2010 at 2:11 PM, lexynik said:

aaah ok thanks,i bought it the nite b4 the snow so i only got an hour drive home b4 i had to park it up and use my 4x4 as were pretty snowed in here but i think thats what i had was 2 small lights,,,i was kinda hoping the whole switch shud glow red like the rest of dash illumination,,oh well happy days i may not have to do the switch when it thaws after all-gotta do cambelt,rear pads and mot soon so plenty to get on with,,,,thanks again

Know this post is super old but if anyone's wondering there is a way to do this. I changed mine from amber to blue and white to match my gauge and climate controls and it looks dope. If interested let me know and ill give a DIY

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links