Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Have Lexus Taken Their Eye Off The Ball

IS300

There currently appears to be a big gap in the engine range when choosing a 'new' Lexus.

I currently own a IS300 and would like a replacement of the same power or a bit more, the IS 250 isn't (in my own opinion engine wise) as good as the IS300 and then there is a massive leap to a IS-F 5.0 engine or GS 450 H or RX 450 H.

I would like to see petrol engines of say 3.5L or a twin turbo diesel 3.0L

What are potential buyers supposed to choose, a BMW or Merc???

I think Lexus may also be loosing old IS & GS customers to Jaguar with their XF model.

There is an IS350 with a 3.5 litre engine, but not in the UK for some odd reason. Perhaps importing one from Japan would be an option for some but it would be so much better if they just sold it over here.

Having had a IS 300 I was initially against the 250 Auto but, after an extended Test drive in November 2005 ,the so-smooth delivery of the drive won me over & two 250's later I have zero regrets.The mk2. IS Auto deserves a class-higher niche of its own.

Tel

When Lexus asked me why i don't upgrade i told them it was because there was no IS350 in the UK. I agree that their engine range is limited as there are obviously people out there that want more power than the IS250 can deliver but dont want to pay for an IS-F. The rep said he'd report that back to Lexus, obviously they haven't listened to my "expert" advice :P

Missing a massive hole in the lower end of the market too. I have seen many many new bmw 1 series cars. How about a smaller model car never mind a bigger one. Just for you bigger engine guys last week i saw a bmw 135 Thats a 3500cc in a car the size of a focus. I believe the even do a bmw m1 series. and i lways thought if you wanted the bigger engine you just bought a bigger car !!!

At least the auto box on the new IS is a million miles better that the old one. Apart from having a proper amount of gears, it shifts much better, especially in sport mode.

Missing a massive hole in the lower end of the market too. I have seen many many new bmw 1 series cars. How about a smaller model car never mind a bigger one. Just for you bigger engine guys last week i saw a bmw 135 Thats a 3500cc in a car the size of a focus. I believe the even do a bmw m1 series. and i lways thought if you wanted the bigger engine you just bought a bigger car !!!

There was talk about a Lexus supermini towards the end of last year.