Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do You Use The Plastic Gloves When Filling Up?

japthree

I sometimes use them if (a.) there's some left and (b.) I remember to but rarely see anyone else use them? Surely for hygienic reasons and not just getting the fuel on the skin it should be a good idea to? How grubby are the petrol pump unit thingys?

I sometimes use them if (a) there's some left and (B) I remember to but rarely see anyone else use them? Surely for hygienic reasons and not just getting the fuel on the skin it should be a good idea to? How grubby are the petrol pump unit thingys?

I started using them at the shell recently, got fed up with stinking hands and for hygiene reasons.

Petrol station i use has it own valeting bay, when theres no cars to clean the owner has the lads cleaning the forecourt including the pumps. As a result of this its a pretty clean petrol station. I havnt left there smellin gof fuel even when filling up diesel.

I always used the gloves when I had a diesel car. Maybe it was just the service stations I used, but my hands stinked of diesel after every fill-up if I didn't use them. It was so bad, I even had some spare gloves in the car to use in case there were none by the pumps.

I've had petrol cars ever since and never found a need to use the gloves with a petrol pump!

• 2 weeks later...

I use gloves if I am filling up the pug (its a derv) ... and the lexus if I am working ... mobile IT tech for the NHS .. Doctor's don't like you smelling of fuel in their surgery :whistling:

Iain

yeah i use them when i remember, which is normally just after i have grabbed the diesel pump and i am already covered doh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i dont wear gloves, but at times when filling up with diesel i wished i had

nothing worse than stinking diesel all over your hands

be careful of when there is spilt diesel on the floor, ends up getting wiped off on your carpets and then the car stinks !

pussys! :P

I dont, but then im a white van man. Also do the old tradition of spilling a bit on the floor, so when a motorcyclist comes along to fill up slips on the offending diesel :)

All in a good days work!!! :P

Bruce

(ps.) this is all meant in a light hearted manner and rode a motorbike for 5 years of my life!

Bruce

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links