Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Latest Sat Nav Update Serial Numbers For Is

helo ppl, i'm brand new to the site. I pickd up my 56plate lexus last week. Is220 se (multimedia). Love the car, hate the gearing tho, sumthing i shall have to look in too. Anyway my question is regarding the latest sat nav update. Could anyone tel me the latest serial numbers of the update discs? Im trying to find a cheaper alternative than buying them from a lexus dealership. Thanks for any answers in advance.

Darren

helo ppl, i'm brand new to the site. I pickd up my 56plate lexus last week. Is220 se (multimedia). Love the car, hate the gearing tho, sumthing i shall have to look in too. Anyway my question is regarding the latest sat nav update. Could anyone tel me the latest serial numbers of the update discs? Im trying to find a cheaper alternative than buying them from a lexus dealership. Thanks for any answers in advance.

Darren

Hi Darren, I am also new to the site and the lexus. Not even picked mine up yet. I have looked around for the best place for the map updates and most recommend here http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/ to purchase new map updates.

The latest SatNav disc set for the IS250/220 is as follows:

4 DVD Set

Marked as 'E12' on the discs

2009 - 2010 Ver. 1

Set code number: 86807-0W063

Part Number: PZ485-X03EU-09

This set was released about Oct/Nov 2009.

• 5 weeks later...

4 DVD Set

2009 - 2010 Ver. 1

Hmmm, interesting. I have recently picked up an 06 220d MM and noticed that the Sat Nav wasnt working. The garage are sending me out a new disc.

Ejected the old one and it is an 82671-xxxxx, 2005 - 2006. Causes a DVD data error. I also tried a friends disk (he has a 2007 220d and his disk was also an 82671 (same error on mine).

Did Lexus change the compatability from 2006 - 2007? Assuming the above is correct I am hoping my replacement is an 86807!?!

Darren

Hi Darren, I am also new to the site and the lexus. Not even picked mine up yet. I have looked around for the best place for the map updates and most recommend here http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/ to purchase new map updates.

I bought one, didn't work. They are not genuine.

4 DVD Set

2009 - 2010 Ver. 1

Hmmm, interesting. I have recently picked up an 06 220d MM and noticed that the Sat Nav wasnt working. The garage are sending me out a new disc.

Ejected the old one and it is an 82671-xxxxx, 2005 - 2006. Causes a DVD data error. I also tried a friends disk (he has a 2007 220d and his disk was also an 82671 (same error on mine).

Did Lexus change the compatability from 2006 - 2007? Assuming the above is correct I am hoping my replacement is an 86807!?!

The original disc from my car was 86271-53030 (2005-2006 Ver 1). A DVD data error sounds like a faulty DVD ROM drive in the unit.

I can assure you that www.lexus-mapupdates.eu sell genuine Toyota parts - I've bought 5 sets of discs from them over the last few years and they arrived sealed with toyota part number stickers on them. If your disc didn't work then you either ordered the wrong disc or there is a fault with your system.

As a side note: another thing to remember is that DVD-R copies off places like eBay will more than likely not work as a firmware update a couple of years ago stopped the drives from reading DVD-R discs

I can assure you that www.lexus-mapupdates.eu sell genuine Toyota parts - I've bought 5 sets of discs from them over the last few years and they arrived sealed with toyota part number stickers on them. If your disc didn't work then you either ordered the wrong disc or there is a fault with your system.

As a side note: another thing to remember is that DVD-R copies off places like eBay will more than likely not work as a firmware update a couple of years ago stopped the drives from reading DVD-R discs

Sorry, speed reading again! Yeah, the site I bought from was not on eBay, but I should have known better!

The original disc from my car was 86271-53030 (2005-2006 Ver 1). A DVD data error sounds like a faulty DVD ROM drive in the unit.

Oh dear. I should get the new disk from the garage today. If it dont work then a faulty drive sounds like a problem. Is this something that can be repaired or is it a whole unit :crybaby:

Oh dear. I should get the new disk from the garage today. If it dont work then a faulty drive sounds like a problem. Is this something that can be repaired or is it a whole unit :crybaby:

The drive does looks pretty standard but it depends on how accessable it is. For ease it may be a whole Nav unit replacement but this would probably be costly. Is your car still under warranty? Even if it's just out of warranty it may be worth a call to Lexus GB as something like this shouldn't fail so soon.

The drive does looks pretty standard but it depends on how accessable it is. For ease it may be a whole Nav unit replacement but this would probably be costly. Is your car still under warranty? Even if it's just out of warranty it may be worth a call to Lexus GB as something like this shouldn't fail so soon.

Only just had the car - I said it needed doing when i purchased it as it never worked (independent garage). They are sending me a new disc and assuring me they will resolve the issue but trying to premept the situation!

Only just had the car - I said it needed doing when i purchased it as it never worked (independent garage). They are sending me a new disc and assuring me they will resolve the issue but trying to premept the situation!

New disc arrived and as suspected same problem, The garage are gonna call Lexus on Monday. Cant imagine its an easy fix!

New disc arrived and as suspected same problem, The garage are gonna call Lexus on Monday. Cant imagine its an easy fix!

Bet the garage is not going to be happy is they have to pay out £££ for a new Nav Unit! Keep us informed!

Bet the garage is not going to be happy is they have to pay out £££ for a new Nav Unit! Keep us informed!

Nope, I agree, however, before I purchased the car I noticed the Nav wasnt working and when paying the deposit I said it needed sorting so the guy wrote to fix the Nav, Wheels and MOT on the receipt (albeit it just single words for each). The wheels took a week and when I fetched it the garage suggested the Sat nav was caused by a copied / faulty disk which is why I have been waiting for this replacement. So far the garage has been genuine but I would like my Sat Nav soon, its not the same sticking a TOM TOM on the LCD!

Heres a question.

If the previous owner updated to a later disk, will previous releases continue to work if he decided not to include with the car?

Not saying this has happened but was just thinking.... If so, anyone near Stoke-on-Trent with the latest maps?!? :rolleyes:

Heres a question.

If the previous owner updated to a later disk, will previous releases continue to work if he decided not to include with the car?

Not saying this has happened but was just thinking.... If so, anyone near Stoke-on-Trent with the latest maps?!? :rolleyes:

Yes the old disc should still work. With my previous 3 cars the same nav discs were used so I always put the old one back in the car and transferred the newer disc to my newer car.

If an incorrect nav disc is inserted the screen says something to that effect, something like "Incorrect disc inserted, please check and try again". I've only ever seen DVD Error on screen when I had a disc with a really bad finger smudge on it and the drive couldn't read it.

Yes the old disc should still work. With my previous 3 cars the same nav discs were used so I always put the old one back in the car and transferred the newer disc to my newer car.

If an incorrect nav disc is inserted the screen says something to that effect, something like "Incorrect disc inserted, please check and try again". I've only ever seen DVD Error on screen when I had a disc with a really bad finger smudge on it and the drive couldn't read it.

Thanks for clarification. Was hoping for an easy fix!

You can hear the disk spin up when starting the car you then get the following messages

DVD check in progress

Unable to read data, check if MAP DVD is correct.

Hmm, that screen may also appear for an incorrect disc - I think I saw it when I had an incorrect disc for my old IS200 about 5 years ago.

Would you like me to send you one of the additional discs from my set? The latest DVDs are a 4 disc set, obviously the Western Europe disc is installed in my car, but I could send you the Central Europe disc to try. It still has major UK roads on it so will still work for testing purposes. At least you can then rule out the incorrect disc issue.

PM me your address if your are interested.

As far as I am aware the latest map update DVD also changes the firmware to allow for address inputs on the move. If one of the other of the 4 disc set, eg eastern europe, was inserted to uprate the firmware and then replaced with the older DVD, would the firmware stay installed?

As far as I am aware the latest map update DVD also changes the firmware to allow for address inputs on the move. If one of the other of the 4 disc set, eg eastern europe, was inserted to uprate the firmware and then replaced with the older DVD, would the firmware stay installed?

Yes it does (well it did on my old Prius, which uses the same discs)

Thanks for that. Next question is, do all Lexus DVD navigation units use the same discs?

No, it will depend on which generation system is installed in the car. I think there are the following generations: 00, 01, 03, 05 and 08. The IS250/220 (except maybe the up-to-date facelift models) use 05. My old IS200/IS300 used Gen 01. I have found that some discs worked on Gen 03 and 05 (eg: the current up-to-date disc I have for my IS250 would work on my mums SC430 Gen 03 system)

Some newer models now use a Hard Drive based satnav system so you get it updated at your dealer instead of changing the disc

I've just checked the disc numbers on my 4 disc set. They are E10 2007-2008 Ver 1 with the only number that is the same on each disc being 86271-xxxxx with x being mostly different on each disc.

I've just checked the disc numbers on my 4 disc set. They are E10 2007-2008 Ver 1 with the only number that is the same on each disc being 86271-xxxxx with x being mostly different on each disc.

Yes that's right. The set has it's own code which is printed on the back of the jewel case that the discs come in. This code can be used on the lexus-mapupdates.eu website to see if there is an update available for your set in the future. The latest version is 2009-2010 ver 1 which have E12 printed on them.