Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Automatic Unlocking When You Select Park

According to the manual, you can get the car to unlock when you select park - has anyone got this to work?

The potential danger with this option is that you are immediately vulnerable to physical attack if you happen to stop and park in a dodgy area. The option I have on my car is that all the doors unlock when the drivers door is unlocked. This gives opportunity to look around before opening the car. Also, the key fob unlocks only the drivers door with one press and the other doors if pressed again. This means that no-one can leap in through the passenger doors as soon as the lights flash to indicate unlocking. However, I don't think that these options (or, at least, some of them) can be selected by the owner - I took mine into Lexus, Cheltenham, where they plugged in a small hand-held device and programmed the options I asked for (all very quick, convenient and effective). It may be that this sort of thing is required for the option you are interested in.

According to the manual, you can get the car to unlock when you select park - has anyone got this to work?

The potential danger with this option is that you are immediately vulnerable to physical attack if you happen to stop and park in a dodgy area. The option I have on my car is that all the doors unlock when the drivers door is unlocked. This gives opportunity to look around before opening the car.

Good grief. If I was that worried about the neighbourhood I wouldn't even dare take my car there. :unsure:

The potential danger with this option is that you are immediately vulnerable to physical attack if you happen to stop and park in a dodgy area. The option I have on my car is that all the doors unlock when the drivers door is unlocked. This gives opportunity to look around before opening the car.

Good grief. If I was that worried about the neighbourhood I wouldn't even dare take my car there. :unsure:

I doubt that there are any crime-free neighbourhoods and, for example, a poorly-lit, underground car park late at night is no place to be complacent about personal security. Sometimes, being in a dodgy area is unplanned.

I've got mine set up like that, each to their own.

See page 52 & 53 in handbook, you can only do it on an auto.

Exiled, I tried the instructions but it doesn't seem to work... did you do it yourself following those instructions?

I've got mine set up like that, each to their own.

See page 52 & 53 in handbook, you can only do it on an auto.

Exiled, I tried the instructions but it doesn't seem to work... did you do it yourself following those instructions?

Yes, did it myself. my cars a 2009 59. When I took delivery auto locking was linked to speed. Your model year may be different, I don't know? Give it another go, if it still doesn't work have a word with your dealer.

Let's know how you get on. When you have got it sussed it's miles better.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links