Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Guys I Done Something....

Rory

looks gorgeous-the red ones seem to really stand out-words like jealous spring to mind-congrats-can u put a post up when youve had it a while to compare it to the 200 as i think i might well be headin down the 300 route also-

Oh, what a price!

Here in Switzerland such car (mileage/year) goes for 17000 Fr (~9800 pounds).

I am also thinking of upgrading to IS300, so I am really interested to hear some opinions of people who already did it.

Is the extra weight at the front noticeably affecting the handling?

mpg won't be an issue for me as i'm currently in a 200 auto and i've never understood why they only stuck a 4 speed auto box in it, i'm used to gettin around 20-25 mpg, its down to my local town trips and the way I drive, tho, I know I could easily get a few more mpg if I tried :P

I only do 7k a year tho so I don't mind

Oh, what a price!

Here in Switzerland such car (mileage/year) goes for 17000 Fr (~9800 pounds).

I am also thinking of upgrading to IS300, so I am really interested to hear some opinions of people who already did it.

Is the extra weight at the front noticeably affecting the handling?

When I went to a 300, at first the handling seemed vague, but after geometry, it's secure and well planted. Handling as good as the 200 but I reckon the extra power and auto box would change your driving style (to 'positive but smooth' ?)...usual respect shown to the back end in bad weather, but again no dramas since the geo...so maybe that helped the back end too.

^^as above^^

Get your geo sorted/WiM'ed asap. I moved from a 200 to a 300 two years ago and have never looked back. You do really notice that extra power - you don't need to thrash it as much as the 200 - but when you do... :)

I tend to drive in manual/e-shift mode all the time and once you get used to it - you'll be smiling from ear to ear.

the 300 is one great car...i p/x'd mine back in november..and still miss it to this day..(could not afford to run it no more, so got a bmw e92 320d)

..i did leave some LOC sticker on the car, so if anyone see's a black 02 plate with TTE kit IS300 for sale or at a Auction it might be mine!...ould be nice to knwo where it it now!

Nice- get a sport grille on the IS300.

I have a Limited Edition Grille for it, never been a big fan of the sport grille

the car has new tyres all round so i'm not sure whether the geo is right but i'll be having it done properly if the tyre wear is uneven :D

Nice- get a sport grille on the IS300.

I have a Limited Edition Grille for it, never been a big fan of the sport grille

the car has new tyres all round so i'm not sure whether the geo is right but i'll be having it done properly if the tyre wear is uneven :D

what does the le grill look like ? can you post a pic or a thread sowing one if poss

wise choice matey

I have a 300, and yeah its a bit thirsty but by far the best car i've owned.

Gotta agree on getting the geo done, the handling is pretty good for a big car with that weight over the front,

and in manual mode with the pwr button down ond traction off it can be quite good fun!

what does the le grill look like ? can you post a pic or a thread sowing one if poss

I got a LE grille on my car:

This is a normal (3 bar grille):

DSC00218.jpg

And this is a LE grille: (I upgraded to a LE grille recently):

DSC00220.jpg

I got a LE grille on my car:

This is a normal (3 bar grille):

DSC00218.jpg

And this is a LE grille: (I upgraded to a LE grille recently):

DSC00220.jpg

yea i like that grille-a bit rarer than average-lol i bet rory cant wait for tomorrow,if you r anything like me youll have trouble sleepin tonight !!! gotta love that red-good luck with it

still haven't picked it up lol, had work today so gonna ring tomorrow and check if the plate transfer is sorted or it'll have to be thursday I think :(

still haven't picked it up lol, had work today so gonna ring tomorrow and check if the plate transfer is sorted or it'll have to be thursday I think :(

oh no id be champin at the bit !!!!!!!

i'm more patient at the moment tho with the snow and ice here i'd rather drive my nice new (to me) IS300 when theres a little more traction :D

tell me about it-i never used mine in the snow as iv got an old 4x4 cos we get a lot of snow here but i used the is this morning and it was goin crazy with abs and trc-the roads were sheet ice so i turned round at the bottom of my hill and took it home-jumped in the 4x4 ,put £30 petrol in it and the coil pack packed in-typical,luckily the ice had melted by the time i limped it back to the lex

Picked up this afternoon, just the one pic as i've been in it all afternoon and now its dark, I will get some more pics next chance I get, as it is now before even the smallest mod gets done...

18032_451422660701_868025701_10935915_803108_n.jpg

the drive is so much smoother than the 200 and the power is so easily noticable, been grinning all day :D :D