Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Idiots Guide To Induction Kits

carlb

Hi Guys,

would love an induction kit but are over 200 even on eBay however seen a thread on here last time about buying the pipes separately and making your own for a lot less.

i trawled through eBay and found loads of the silicone pipes, bends etc in diff colours. but can any one gimme a list of which sizes i need to make one including any accessories and essentials like connectors,seals etc. A diagram would be great too if any one could do one.

cheers

Hi Guys,

would love an induction kit but are over 200 even on ebay however seen a thread on here last time about buying the pipes separately and making your own for a lot less.

i trawled through ebay and found loads of the silicone pipes, bends etc in diff colours. but can any one gimme a list of which sizes i need to make one including any accessories and essentials like connectors,seals etc. A diagram would be great too if any one could do one.

cheers

hi,

yeh i could do with do with the exact same info, if u find out could you p.m me please. thanks o and by the way i did see one from prolex for around £180 i think, in stainless steel,has any one got one of these are they any good?

think the throttle body is 63mm so get a 90 degree silicone bend and make it up from their i made mine well modified my pipercross induction kit to sit in a better position as right above the manifold is no good....

p300909222301.jpg

p3009092223.jpg

p3009092152.jpg

think the throttle body is 63mm so get a 90 degree silicone bend and make it up from their i made mine well modified my pipercross induction kit to sit in a better position as right above the manifold is no good....

p300909222301.jpg

p3009092223.jpg

p3009092152.jpg

cheers ormi, jst lookin for them now.thanks

thanks lexdavis mate coments like that make all the hard work worth it, it looks diff now as the induction kits gone and been replaced with a charger

my engine bay needs a good polish but i'll do that at the week end....(i'd just finished fitting the charger thats why its grubby)

p310110183601.jpg

Great will get onto that this weekend.

so to check from the 90 deg bend from throttle body is that simply a long tube/pipe made up of steel tubes and bends to go around engine bay all the way to the air filter cone.

also the carbon fiber lookin part - air intake looks similar to the one on the car already but modified is that necessary or just bonus as have seen a few pics on google where the pipe simply goes from throttle body to that front corner.

sorry for all the questions not all that clued up on mechanics but how does the bit near the throttle body work as in the smaller pipe coming off the main pipe at start - sorry dunno what that is looks like some kinda sensor or somethin?

but thanks alot for the info it looks like i am gonna save a fortune (so long as i get this right )

Great will get onto that this weekend.

so to check from the 90 deg bend from throttle body is that simply a long tube/pipe made up of steel tubes and bends to go around engine bay all the way to the air filter cone.

also the carbon fiber lookin part - air intake looks similar to the one on the car already but modified is that necessary or just bonus as have seen a few pics on google where the pipe simply goes from throttle body to that front corner.

sorry for all the questions not all that clued up on mechanics but how does the bit near the throttle body work as in the smaller pipe coming off the main pipe at start - sorry dunno what that is looks like some kinda sensor or somethin?

but thanks alot for the info it looks like i am gonna save a fortune (so long as i get this right )

that is carbon mate its a tdi air scoop hard to get a hold of,as for the wee tube bit with the sensor all you need to do is drill a hole in the bend and push it in(its tha air temp sensor).

so to check from the 90 deg bend from throttle body is that simply a long tube/pipe made up of steel tubes and bends to go around engine bay all the way to the air filter cone.yip correct matey

• 2 weeks later...

hi was going to have a go at this but can anyone tell me what length of silicone pipe i need will 1 metre do and is the silicone hose all 63mm internal diameter.Also can anyone tell me what the angles are the metal tubes did you bend these urselfs or buy them like it thanks for any help. and also can you tell me i have a pro lex strut brace if i do this will it fit under the brace or could i run it behind it any ideas ?