Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dampness In Headlights

IZZZY

Guys,

I know this has been mentioned previously but i didnt ever follow the thread.

i have dampness in my main headlights... its been there for a good few weeks now.. any thoughts on how to get this removed? cured?

ideally would like to fix this so i dont get it again.

thanks for your help guys,

Izzy

Headlights are around £130 if i remember correct. I had the same problem with both of mine (common fault on older IS) so decided to fix it while fitting angel eyes. One headlight stayed clear but the other fogged up again. So took it back out and opened it back up, resealed with more silicone, reassembled and refitted. Moisture is back yet again! So think i will be getting a new pair of units too. If its not bad on yours you can try removing the two sponges in each unit and drying them. There are two flaps on the rear of the units which are probably difficult to open whilst on the car (one top and one bottom). Might be a decent temporary fix till warmer weather comes.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend a sealant to use when I put my headlights back together?

Do we need to use a thermally activated one incase I ever need to take them apart again or will any silicone sealer suffice?

Ideally want one that is close the OEM seal - what has everyone used?

i am in the same situation as Izzy as of last week! so i think this gives me an exuse to get the Dark headlights B)

Jap parts do original headlamp.i ordered from their. one had plastic lug broken they replaced straight away no problems