Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear tinted windows

I have to say it - I saw a very nice BMW today. It was a blue 5 series saloon but the thing that made it look so nice was the fact that it had matching blue rear tinted windows.

So I have to ask people here - is there an easy/cheap way to change the dark rear tinted windows on the IS200 Sport to match the body colour? Please, someone say its possible and tell me how!!

if your cars a sport it wont be possible......

however if your car is any is200 it will be difficult for any tinters to trim the back glass as its a pain to get to fully........just try cleaning it from the inside.

the only realistic way(but painfull i know)

is to gob the back glass,or try and get it removed and get a new piece of glass fitted with the coloured tint

not really the news you was looking for was it.......

Sorry if my little joke upset you.:P:P

You can get the front too done in black for £80, but if you want them all done in Green you will have to replace the rear glass. Try some one like Pentagon they are expensive but very good.

Sorry if my little joke upset you.:P:P

You can get the front too done in black for £80, but if you want them all done in Green you will have to replace the rear glass. Try some one like Pentagon they are expensive but very good.

I'm ok.... now :P

I'll look them up and if I ever do need replacements then I'll get them green... I'm not gonna replace a perfectly good window just to change the colour of the tint. :)

am i right that it is illegal to have anything other than a thin strip across the top of the windscreen?

It is not illegal to have a tint on your windscreen or front windows, as long as it lets 70% light through. That means you can't have the mega dark limo tints. Most manufacturers put a slight tint on the front glass anyway (between 10 and 20%) So any new tint would not look that much darker. You can have the rears on back window as dark as you like because the law just classes it as a van.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links