Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Error 3

Having owned my Altezza for nearly 3years iv been impressed that my cd players never died on me after reading countless posts about peoples headunits dying on them..however last night when going to take a cd out, IT DIED :(

Now i have 6 cd's stuck in a headunit that doesnt work now....Looks like im gonna be stuck with the radio for the forseebale future

Dont know if this will help(probably not if it's a specific problem) When i got the gs the cd unit would not load or eject properly, I managed to eject it (had to help it out) Unplugged the unit for two minutes and it worked and is working fine, Worth a try i suppose.

removing and reinstalling the fuse may give you limited time, but i would use that opportunity to remove the CDs, and nothing else.

i had the err3, ended up going to a repair shop here in japan, and they swapped the CD part of the unit.

the guy told me that there was a lot of dust (disc entry is just above the ash tray, and previous owner smoked),

and the dust got into the gears, and the gear teeth just kind of crunched together.

so, it may be worth removing and dismantling?

i would be interested in your head unit when/if you decide to go aftermarket.

i should be headed your way soon (to England that is), so please keep me in mind when it is time to discard.

wish i could help you more.

Thanks for the replies guys, ill have a fiddle with it over the next few days

removing and reinstalling the fuse may give you limited time, but i would use that opportunity to remove the CDs, and nothing else.

i had the err3, ended up going to a repair shop here in japan, and they swapped the CD part of the unit.

the guy told me that there was a lot of dust (disc entry is just above the ash tray, and previous owner smoked),

and the dust got into the gears, and the gear teeth just kind of crunched together.

i should be headed your way soon (to England that is), so please keep me in mind when it is time to discard.

I'll keep u in mind mate and be sure not to discard it before giving u a shout

Just noticed u are in Japan... Can u get hold of foglights for the Legana bumper? 1 of mines is dead and needs replaced but the only place i can find with a decent set is the US and its fairly pricey

Thanks

Hi i have the same problem. when you are around can you fix mine as well? :blush: :winky:

let me know

i did not personally fix my radio.

i ordered the CD unit and the guy i ordered it from swapped it for free.

when i say CD unit, i mean the CD component of the OEM assembly.

i just want the other head unit, to tinker with...

i want to compare, that way if there is something preventative that can be done, i can do that.

and there may be different things wrong with each separate unit...

i do not know enought about it to repair for someone else.

but i do know that it is one of the most common problems with this car.

Mine was giving me an Error #1 for a while, but then i changed a CD it came up with Error #3, so i removed the Head unit, opened it up took out the 6 CDs in there, cleaned up the cd lens, put it back together and fitted back in.. (30 mins all togther) been working fine for the past 6 weeks...

Give it a ago, its pretty easy to do..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links