Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any Advise On Parts Suppliers

Hi, I am biting the bullet at last and doing a few jobs on the GS300 Sport which I have put off for a while.

I am firstly going to replace the exhaust from the cat back, and the only price I've got so far is from a local Longlife dealer for £463.00 - is this good or can I get a better price than that.

I am then going to replace the shocks and springs all round as I noticed on a trip to Ireland recently that when the boot was loaded up, the rear wheels were well inside the wheel arches and when I checked the difference between the top of the tyre and the rear wheel arch when the car was not loaded, there was quite a difference (one finger one side and three fingers the other) - I can only assume that the springs have gone a little soft. Does anyone know or has anyone bought replacements which they can recommend.

Lastly, there is movement in the front wheels which was not even picked up on the last MOT but have since been told are down to the bushes on the suspension trailing arms - the wheels move slightly backwards under braking causing a clicking/banging noise - does anyone know were to get these apart from Lexus.

Many thanks for any assistance.

A user on LOC called Jemster recommended http://www.mijexhaust.com/mij-exhaust-contact.html for an exhaust, it was £385 fitted.

I had the front trailing links done on mine last year. I didn't find anywhere other than lexus for them, and they cost about £180 each. Maybe eBay or scrap yards as a long shot. Be aware that the front sub frame has to be dropped down a few inches to get them off as the main bolt on the rear end of the link fits through from the top of the subframe, so is obscured by the rest of the car. It also took some cutting and heat to get mine off as the bolts had rusted solid into the bushes too.

I replaced my springs with RS*R springs. I got mine through Envy Performance but it wasn't a quick process as they have to come from Japan on the slow boat (unless you want to pay high shipping costs), so expect a couple of months delviery time. Monster Mat has mentioned before that he can get stuff from Japan, so maybe PM him as well. I changed the springs myself without any major issues.