Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Manual Is200 Came With Non-functioning Cruise Control Stalk

Jung

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum here. Just bought a manual IS200 a few weeks ago and it's been pretty good so far!

One concern is that the car came with a cruise control stalk on the steering wheel column but it doesn't work.

Now we all know that the manual IS200's never came with cruise control, only the automatic versions did.

I asked the seller about it and they said that 'Lexus gave you the option to install a non-functioning cruise control stalk in your car from the factory so you could install the remaining components yourself'. But that sounds like nonsense.

Any ideas why the stalk is there? Anyone else experience this with their car?

Thanks in advance!

First i've ever heard of this, but i know that Stav has one fitted to his manual IS and uses it to control his Stereo, so that might be a use for it, i have no idea about if the other parts are available to buy & fit to give you cruise, i would think if that was possible, someone on here would have done it by now.

sounds nonsense to me. most likely had the airbag replaced, actully maybe had the whole steering replaced, as they only get hold of a 2nd hand part from an Automatic.

that's my guess.

Felix

Now we all know that the manual IS200's never came with cruise control, only the automatic versions did.

I asked the seller about it and they said that 'Lexus gave you the option to install a non-functioning cruise control stalk in your car from the factory so you could install the remaining components yourself'. But that sounds like nonsense.

Thanks in advance!

I think your seller is either deluded or trying to delude you!

sounds nonsense to me. most likely had the airbag replaced, actully maybe had the whole steering replaced, as they only get hold of a 2nd hand part from an Automatic.

that's my guess.

Felix

the backing from the manual steering wheel will interchange with the manual from the auto so he would have had no need to fit it, its only two screws to remove.

unless it was done by a proper amateur, and to me (maybe just paranoid) the main reason to replace the steering wheel on the cheap would be to cover up the deployment of airbags?

It's fairly common on Toyota's to have all the electrics in place but no stalk, not the other way round. People with the Avensis and Auris can take the plate off the side of the steering wheel and plug in the stalk.

nope mate not that simple, yes you can fit the stalk but their is no wiring for it and its a pain in the a$$ to fit the wiring!!

unless it was done by a proper amateur, and to me (maybe just paranoid) the main reason to replace the steering wheel on the cheap would be to cover up the deployment of airbags?

that what I thought yesterday..................................

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum here. Just bought a manual IS200 a few weeks ago and it's been pretty good so far!

One concern is that the car came with a cruise control stalk on the steering wheel column but it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance!

hi, i had an auto is that came with a c/c stalk and ovs worked but i traded it in about a month ago for a maual is but i have noitesed that it has a non functional c/c button, not sure why as it does nothing.

Thanks everyone for the prompt replies!

Yeah, I had the same theory as you all do, that the original airbags may have popped and they replaced it with a steering wheel from an auto model.

The windscreen is also the only panel of glass that is NOT Toyota branded. No signs of collision in and under the engine bay though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links