Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Speaker Recomendations

hey.

well im starting to get a bit fed up with the speakers i have on the rear shelf. there pretty crap and dont sound that great. they fuzz a bit at high volume and cant really take the power from the amp.

they are kenwood 7x10's. im looking for something similar but that can take a bit of power into them.

anyone got any recommendations?

yeah i thought about just having front speakers but i do like to have an all-round sound if you know what i mean.

ive already put uprated kenwood speakers in the front.

i might pull the 7x10s out tommorow and see what its like. il probably take them out and leave it for a while.

what amp are you running them off?

have you set it all up correctly?

people tell me all the time that they need rears then i have a play and as if by magic they are no longer needed!! Quite a few members on this and another club can testify to this!!

as long as you have decent enough fronts,sub and a good amp i would put money on it that i can get it to sound better..

@eddie, i have put the MB quart rua's in quite a few is200's now and everybody has been happy with em..

The key to getting fronts sounding good is quality of installation...

ive got them running on a alpine v12 amp. not sure what one it is. its a 4 channel and it supplies front and rear speakers. think its about 75watts a channel or something. lol. i used to know all the specs on the gear i had but im not so much into it now.

going to whip the speakers out today if the weather is better. ive got another set of kenwood components i might put in today instead of the lower powered components i have in the front.

im not good with setting on the amp. i just turn the knobs till it kinda sounds right. lol