Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Picking Up My 56 Plate Is250 On Thursday

Picking up my IS250 in Argento Ice with ML audio and MM package on Thursday.

When I inspected the vehicle it hadn't been cleaned inside and there was a funny smell, I was advised the car will be fully valeted to bring it up good as new.

I am hoping a full valet will get rid of the 'funny' smell, if not can anyone recommend a decent interior cleaner?

How good is the Lexus valeting service?

I am pretty sure it was the seats that smelt.

Regarding the ML audio...are you able to browse files/folders on mp3 disc or is this disabled like sat nav entry whilst the car is in motion?

The car doesn't have prking sensors....can these be added by my local lexus dealer?

Thanks

Vinny

If it smells then don't take it.

Yes, folders are hidden unless you hack it.

Yes, parking sensors can be fitted at a price.

Cool, thanks steve, I'll look for he hack on here, as for the smell i think its down he car not having a clean for a while, hopefully the guys at Glasgow will do a good job.

Think i'll need parking sensors fitted, once i've got the car i'll speak to lexus bolton to see how much they will charge.

Thanks again

Vinny

Cool, thanks steve, I'll look for he hack on here, as for the smell i think its down he car not having a clean for a while, hopefully the guys at Glasgow will do a good job.

Think i'll need parking sensors fitted, once i've got the car i'll speak to lexus bolton to see how much they will charge.

Thanks again

Vinny

To have parking sensors fitted was about £800 a few years ago and for that you got 4 at the front and 4 at the back.

Thanks again

Vinny

To have parking sensors fitted was about £800 a few years ago and for that you got 4 at the front and 4 at the back.

I have a look into that once I have the car

Cheers

Let me know if you find out the hack for the MP3 as I have been looking for it too but cant seem to find it. Also, if you do go for the Lexus valet be sure to let us know how good it is.

Cheers

Al

Search on this forum for "Sat Nav hack" and you will find a detailed guide on how to do it. You actually don't need to hack the sat nav anymore as buying a new map disc will allow entry while on the move. But the hack can be used to enable mp3 browsing, phone dialing and DVD playback while in motion.

Let me know if you find out the hack for the MP3 as I have been looking for it too but cant seem to find it. Also, if you do go for the Lexus valet be sure to let us know how good it is.

Cheers

Al

Search on this forum for "Sat Nav hack" and you will find a detailed guide on how to do it. You actually don't need to hack the sat nav anymore as buying a new map disc will allow entry while on the move. But the hack can be used to enable mp3 browsing, phone dialing and DVD playback while in motion.

Does the disc allow browsing files and folders aswell or id that still locked?

Vinny

:offtopic:

If you have the MM package will you not have the rear view camera built into sat nav? why waste £800 on Sensors or is the Rear camera only on the SE-L?

If you have the MM package then you have the rear camera regardless of your spec IIRC

:offtopic:

If you have the MM package will you not have the rear view camera built into sat nav? why waste £800 on Sensors or is the Rear camera only on the SE-L?

If you have the MM package then you have the rear camera regardless of your spec IIRC

Yeah it does have the reverse camera but I wanted front and rear sensors aswell.

I'd rather have lexus's own that give you a warning on the dash rather than 3 party sensors.

I think (although someone may correct me) that you only get the warning on the dash with the factory fitted sensors that are on the SE-L spec car. The ones fitted after (inc. Lexus ones) just make the beeping noise.

So will buying the new map disc allow all the new options to be operational whilst driving? Also, the new map disc...? is that from Lexus or a third party?

All I want to put to a load of MP3's on a DVD not CD and have 100% access to them whilst on the move.

Thanks

first, the parking sensors fitted by the dealer will not display on the screen, that is the se-l factory spec only. secondly, if you want to put mp3 files on a dvd you will have to do the hack, as the system does not read normal mp3 dvds, only if you use audio dvd creator which makes it a movie basically which you can then play back but if you don't have dvd playback enabled on the move then you will hear the music but not be able to see the screen to navigate tracks. i tried it at the weekend and it works, and i am curently burning all my discs then will take a pic to show you, but you will will only be able to play mp3 cds through the normal audio mode.

i used this link for the sat nav hack, which enabled the phone dvd playback and mp3 folders on the move:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-...hen-moving.html

hope this helps :)

first, the parking sensors fitted by the dealer will not display on the screen, that is the se-l factory spec only. secondly, if you want to put mp3 files on a dvd you will have to do the hack, as the system does not read normal mp3 dvds, only if you use audio dvd creator which makes it a movie basically which you can then play back but if you don't have dvd playback enabled on the move then you will hear the music but not be able to see the screen to navigate tracks. i tried it at the weekend and it works, and i am curently burning all my discs then will take a pic to show you, but you will will only be able to play mp3 cds through the normal audio mode.

i used this link for the sat nav hack, which enabled the phone dvd playback and mp3 folders on the move:

I was thinking of burning DVD-A discs but its pointless unless I do the hack which i'm not prepared to do. Still the 6 mp3 discs equate to 4.2gb....thats enough for now I think.

As for the sensors I think I'll get them done by Lexus even though I don't get the dash warning.

I was thinking of burning DVD-A discs but its pointless unless I do the hack which i'm not prepared to do. Still the 6 mp3 discs equate to 4.2gb....thats enough for now I think.

As for the sensors I think I'll get them done by Lexus even though I don't get the dash warning.

The rear view camera is sooooo good that you really won't need rear sensors. It is still the only thing I miss on the BMW. It will show you steering angle and a red line which is excellent - cross that and you will bump.

As far as DVD MP3 is concerned - like many have said you can frig it by burning a DVD disc, and watch it, screen goes blank when in drive but sound is maintained. You can effectively press up or down and it skips between songs, but when you restart engine it reverts back to root, so it's pointless really.

Your best options are to have a USB device fitted instead, one where you can use the wheel controls/touch screen to use it if one can be retrofitted/3rd party version like a Dension 500 gateway (if they do one for Lexus). Do a Google. That way you don't need a hdd etc. I can believ how many cars come with hdd sound storage AND a USB slot. You can normally get 16/32gb on a USB stick for £20 - much cheaper than hdd system!!