Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member In Scotland

DaveEdin

Hi all,

I'm Dave, I'm in Edinburgh, and just bought myself an IS200 Sport. Have wanted one for a few years and had decided that my next car was going to be one!

It's completely standard (far as I know!), 52 plate with 62k on the clock, "Strathcarron" (whatever the heck that means) Blue. I'll post a few pictures once the weekend comes around and I get a chance to wash it clean of the muck that results from working all the way through in Livingston every day...

Cheers

Dave

Hi all,

I'm Dave, I'm in Edinburgh, and just bought myself an IS200 Sport. Have wanted one for a few years and had decided that my next car was going to be one!

It's completely standard (far as I know!), 52 plate with 62k on the clock, "Strathcarron" (whatever the heck that means) Blue. I'll post a few pictures once the weekend comes around and I get a chance to wash it clean of the muck that results from working all the way through in Livingston every day...

Cheers

Dave

hi mate i'm from edinburgh myself theirs not many of us up this way.....

anyway welcome and if your stuck just give us a shout.....what plans you got for the car??

Plans for it :blush: Not thought that far ahead, really... Not sure if I should do anything to it :lol: Funds are always somewhat tight, so any mods would have to be cheap... though I was wondering if the Gold membership was worth a punt, for the discounts if nothing else... Any suggestions for "cost free" mods?

I've been skulking on the forums for a few days now, and I'm glad to see there were a few others somewhat local - appreciate the welcomes!

Plans for it :blush: Not thought that far ahead, really... Not sure if I should do anything to it :lol: Funds are always somewhat tight, so any mods would have to be cheap... though I was wondering if the Gold membership was worth a punt, for the discounts if nothing else... Any suggestions for "cost free" mods?

I've been skulking on the forums for a few days now, and I'm glad to see there were a few others somewhat local - appreciate the welcomes!

so what age are you mate?and what part of edinburgh you from?

:) I'm 31, at least for another week or so... Old enough to "know better" :lol:

Funds are tight mostly cos I have 3 kids with my ex wife... I'm in South of Edinburgh, 10 minutes from IKEA, just a wee bit up the road from you in Penicuik :lol:

well if your ever stuck mate give me a shout,if you see a green is200(l8xss) give me a toot or a wave....

ps the ex wife will love you turning up in a lexus!!lol

i should know better too i'm 29,30 in july!!!!!i got mine just over a year and a half ago and said it was staying standard.............

Cheers Asi, happy to be here...

I'll keep an eye out for you Ormi, specially since so far I've not used the horn on it and have no idea if it's a manly honk or a girly squeak... The ex said she thought it looked a very nice car when she saw it...

I might just keep that help offer in mind too, as according to the book, its last service was done at 46k, it's now at 62, so will need to look at getting that done soon. It missed the 50k service apparently but so far all I've found that's not quite right is the courtesy light (in the front) doesn't go on, probably just needs a bulb. Everything else seems to be ok.

Would you guys recommend the Gold membership? I'm interested in your opinions

Welcome Dave. Do you know the front courtesy light needs the button to be pressed

before it comes on, just incase you didnt know mate.

Yeah Tommy, I have tried the button, whether pushed in or not the front courtesy light isn't coming on, but let's be honest if that's the worst problem I've got then I'm happy!

Katana, if I see you I'll give you a wee beep

You haven't seen Lexus Dealer prices yet!!!!lol

Welcome to the LOC

:lol: very true Steve, but either way, paying 90% is better than paying 100% I reckon... And if the parts are expensive (and I know they are...) then the membership will have paid for itself from me just buying a couple of flippin bulbs...

Took a couple of pics today with me mobile, so I'll see about getting them on here some time tonight!

Welcome Dave. Do you know the front courtesy light needs the button to be pressed

before it comes on, just incase you didnt know mate.

Yeah Tommy, I have tried the button, whether pushed in or not the front courtesy light isn't coming on, but let's be honest if that's the worst problem I've got then I'm happy!

Katana, if I see you I'll give you a wee beep

You haven't seen Lexus Dealer prices yet!!!!lol

Welcome to the LOC

:lol: very true Steve, but either way, paying 90% is better than paying 100% I reckon... And if the parts are expensive (and I know they are...) then the membership will have paid for itself from me just buying a couple of flippin bulbs...

Took a couple of pics today with me mobile, so I'll see about getting them on here some time tonight!

or even better talk nicely to someone that works for toyota...... :winky: :winky: :winky:(oh that must be me then) toyota and lexus are the same cars ie same parts!!!! :winky:

Just thought i would jump aboard here being a new member in scotland. Just bought my first lexus and I am completely in love with her. Will hopefully get some pics up when i work out how to do it, kinda new to this forum carry on!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links