Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlamp Bulbs

I've just ordered from "www.powerbulbs.com" some "Phillips Blue Vision" Headlamp bulbs,at the moment I have Zenon plus bulbs

I was wondering how much different they will be and if they light the road ahead better ?:cool:

Hi Chris, ive had the Blue Phillips for some time and they do make a difference. I only changed the dipped-beam (got the side bulbs free). I think the fitted mains are adequate. But don't stare too long into them, can cause snow-blindness;)

I've decided to replace both mains and dipped,hope to see an improvement even though I've got zenon plus in at the moment

[Edited on 8-4-2002 by Chris Shipley]

I just put my "BLUE VISION" bulbs in and there is a noticable difference,the only thing was that because they have a blue colouring I was thinking I would get blue effect when on

I am using PIAA SUPER PLASMA and they looks similar to HID, just not as bright. the colour is very 'metallic' white+a bit of purple~

have been using them for 7months and still not blow up yet!

if u dun want that slightly bit of purple i recommand PIAA EXTREME WHITE thats pure white!

I am using PIAA SUPER PLASMA and they looks similar to HID, just not as bright. the colour is very 'metallic' white+a bit of purple~

have been using them for 7months and still not blow up yet!

if u dun want that slightly bit of purple i recommand piaa EXTREME WHITE thats pure white!

I have seen some of these PIAA lamps in the demon tweeks catalogue (about £80 a pair) - What lamp fitment is the IS? Also, it says that the lamps are 60/55W but give an output of 110W. Would these lamps be too much for the IS plastic lenses? They claim these lamps are the closest thing to HID lighting

IS200 Headlamp bulbs are

HB3's (Main beam) 60w

HB4's (Dipped) 51w

I would of said higher wattage bulbs would create more heat

I wouldn' leave the car stationary with them on because I would imagine they need cooling while you are on the move