Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Ct200h, Official!

swfcdan

The new Lexus hatch has been revealed

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/motorshows/ge...eaks_cover.html

Lexus-2321010101015921600x1060.jpg

Personally i'm a bit disappointed that it's not closer to the original concept.

Obviously it was going to be toned down, but a bit too much if you ask me. Hopefully there will be a sportier model as i was hoping this would be my next car. I'll reserve full judgment until i see one in the flesh.

How much do you reckon it will cost here?? £25k?? I just can't help thinking it looks VERY similar in profile to the Auris...

I reckon late teen £k's for it, in line with 1 series and A3's.

I would like to think if they are going to price match BMW and Merc, Audi then there will be lots of extra kit as standard.

If what you read is true and it's aimed at the 'younger' end of market then it's going to need some really good standard kit to pull young buyers away from BMW and Audi

Will it be RWD or FWD? If FWD then it really does look suspiciously similar to an Auris...

I hope they don't go down the route of rebadging Toyotas over here. In the US there are now two or three Lexus models which are essentially identical to Toyota equivalents for sale alongside them. A Lexus ES is basically the same as a Camry, the GX is the same as a LandCruiser etc.

Up till now the cars sold here are unique to the Lexus brand. It will be hard to keep saying that Lexus is what you get when the world's biggest car company really tries to do something well, if the cars are available in a British Leyland-style array of different badges on the same vehicles.

It is based on the Auris, FWD with the new Prius powertrain.

Up till now the cars sold here are unique to the Lexus brand

Almost, the original IS was a rebadged Toyota Altezza, and the RX is based on the Camry but with 4WD, hence the Camry being FWD not RWD like the GS.

I think it looks fine up to the B pillar, but then looks squashed (and a bit auris-like) beyond that - however I think it looks a lot better than the Prius so if I was looking for a low emission car then this would probably be it.

And as above they'll have to price it away from the Prius so pricing will definitely be early 20s and upwards with top spec probably hitting £30k.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links