Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Radio Big Problem Wrong Connecters Help

hi currently have a is200 s late 2000 model decided to revert back to factory fitted radio as it only had a cheap radio installed by previous owner got one on eBay top loader i know this is a 20 pin connector when it arrived i went to install it only to find out my car doesnt have the right connectors it only has a 16 pin and a 11 pin connector so i cant connect to the 20 pin radio. it doesnt even have a 18 pin that some cars have bottom loaders...the radio is from a car the same year as mine can anyone help me thanks. i persumed this would be just plug and play i was wrong

if that was the case then my car would have a 18 pin connector as far as i know a bottom loader radio has a 18 pins and a top loader has 20 pin but since my car has neither of these connectors iam a little bit baffled can any one confirm this

I'm guessing with the right leads you can (though have no idea about the one in your pic) I'd suggest popping into Maplins or your local car audio place (even take the unit along with you) so you can get the right converters :)

this item is described as

This harness can be used to repair or replace a cut or damaged factory harness.

Plugs into the factory OEM Toyota JBL model radios.

Works with many Toyota JBL model radios.

20-pin connector

Factory radios that have a seperate factory amplifier (amplified system) may not work correctly since the wire output might only be a pre-amp low signal that will not amplify speakers- all the Toyota JBL radios that use this harness have an external amplifier.

MAY NOT work to turn on many factory radios if the radio is not used on the original vehicle since the factory radio might be turned on with a digital signal which this harness does not have the capability of doing.

Will not work with all radios- make sure your connector looks like the one in the picture.

Equivalent to Best Kits BHO8113 and Metra 71-8113.

You say your car is a 200 S. I take it that's an 'S' not a Sport. If that's the case then your car doesn't have the seperate amplifyer and an 8 speaker system. If the radio you have bought to fit in came from a Sport or an SE then you CAN'T fit it in your car. The output from the radio will be wrong to drive your speakers.

I think this is why you only have an 18 pin connector.

Dave

You say your car is a 200 S. I take it that's an 'S' not a Sport. If that's the case then your car doesn't have the seperate amplifyer and an 8 speaker system. If the radio you have bought to fit in came from a Sport or an SE then you CAN'T fit it in your car. The output from the radio will be wrong to drive your speakers.

I think this is why you only have an 18 pin connector.

Dave

thats the problem i dont have a 18 pin or 20 pin connector

• 4 years later...

I knoew it's an old post, but could be of some help for new readers. The 16 (10+6) pins is the altezza amplified radio. You just need to connect the wiring loom going into the amplifier into the radio (need extension cord or cut and add wirings). You probably also have 5 pins connector that is for the tv tuner.

Pietro

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links