Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can someone please save me a lot of time and ‘eyes off the road’ fiddling with my heater/air con settings.

Quite regularly and presumably because of the weather conditions, my screens and side windows steam up as I am driving along. One moment everything is fine but within 5 seconds my vision can suddenly be seriously impaired. Reaching over to operate the top screen button fires up the heater fans but it still takes up to 15 seconds to clear the condensation. :lookaround:

I suspect that my setting for the heater and the three position air con button on my Mk IV are not as they should be but I would rather ask for the solution here than have to admit what I was doing on an accident report form. :iraqi-info-minister:

And – before anyone asks – Yes – it happens most when the Lady Friend is in the car but not for the reasons you might suggest – well not in the winter anyway. :winky:

Rod

Can someone please save me a lot of time and ‘eyes off the road’ fiddling with my heater/air con settings.

Quite regularly and presumably because of the weather conditions, my screens and side windows steam up as I am driving along. One moment everything is fine but within 5 seconds my vision can suddenly be seriously impaired. Reaching over to operate the top screen button fires up the heater fans but it still takes up to 15 seconds to clear the condensation. :lookaround:

I suspect that my setting for the heater and the three position air con button on my Mk IV are not as they should be but I would rather ask for the solution here than have to admit what I was doing on an accident report form. :iraqi-info-minister:

And – before anyone asks – Yes – it happens most when the Lady Friend is in the car but not for the reasons you might suggest – well not in the winter anyway. :winky:

Rod

i was told by a dealer never to turn the aircon off manually, just let the auto climate control do it when it needs to, and also in winter leave the air recirculation switch on open, and in summer leave it closed, that is the most efficient apparently, and i have to admit since i did that in both my lexus and toyota, neither mist up anymore.

hope that helps

Check the roof lining around the sliding roof is not wet, also carpets for damp, boot sides for standing water!

There is damp in there if it steams up quickly!

Switching on the aircon quickly clears it from the screen.

Thanks guys :flowers:

I just knew that this would be quicker than reading the manual again :winky:

I'll set the A/C on as suggested and also check for internal dampness over the weekend.

I'm getting my rear bumper mended and sprayed next week - a nice £250 christmas pressie from a hit and run motorist - and I will ask the bodyshop to redo the seals around the boot lid and the drivers door whilst they have the car.

Then the next thing will be that I need to think about a major service, including the timing belts :crybaby::crybaby:

:shutit:

Rod

PS - Can someone PM me about how I promote a meet on here without upsetting the admin. I've got a cracking country pub with several private back rooms and a massive car park in mind but before I ask the landlord I though I ought to ask here first. Rod

Does your LS have the auto recirculation if outside air is "dirty"? That could be your problem - I'll be driving along and then wonder why the windows are getting a bit hazy and yep, the car in front is belching out rubbish and the aircon has gone into recirculation mode. Normally with aircon going that prevents the mist inside but on really icy mornings the aircon won't work below a certain temp and hence the mist will build up unless I manually turn off the recirculation mode.

As for the meet - wasn't someone else on here looking at holding a meet Milton Keynes way? Suppose not a million miles away from where you are?

Thanks Runbly :winky:

Milton Keynes is 90 miles away. My proposed venue is 4 miles up the road between Grantham and Nottingham and with quite a number of members here under an hours drive away, I will try and see the landlord in the next week or so to see if he will have us before I post it here.

:)

Rod

That sounds like the Haven Inn on the A52???

Another thing as well as the other members have suggested is the pollen filter causing condensation because if it is old and clogged it prevents good air circulation.