Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Ct200h Section

Steve

ive always been telling my sister 2 get a lexus, she drives a mini atm, but not very practical. she sed she loves both is200 and the 250 and has been saying for years shes gunna change the mino but hasnt. she gets pisses off with me always talking to her about cars.

but yesterday she rang me and said she likes the new ct200h and when is it out, tbh, ive done no research into it, so will look round.

all i know is its majorly toned down from what the concept pics suggested.

any ideas when the new is series will be out, i told her that will be the car to get.

I can't see why it's worth paying a premium for whats essentially an Auris with a Prius III engine.

I can see where you're coming from but is an A3 really that different to a golf? It does seem quite Lexus inside, and as long as the ride and refinement are at Lexus standards it shouldn't really be a problem.

I can't see why it's worth paying a premium for whats essentially an Auris with a Prius III engine.

I can see where you're coming from but is an A3 really that different to a golf?

Not really, which is why I wouldn't buy one of them either.

The thing is, an A3 is still pretty much an audi inside, whereas Lexus arn't like Lexus were or should be, the modern Lexus interiors might be a bit flashier but they don't have that chunky, functional look to them anymore, it's all small fiddly, germanic, not really all that special something extra that you used to get over everything else that was about at the time.

A lot of people will disagree, but I think Lexus should have remained with 2 or 3 premium models like in the late 90's and make them all special, not try and do a bit of everything, Toyota could have easily used to the Scion brand over here if they want to make slightly upmarket smaller, sportier cars and leave Lexus as their premium Luxury brand.

i like it, shame its a 1.8 coupled to an electric motor, a nice all petrol variant would have been nice

I don't know why Lexus always restrict the ranges so much, but there could easily have been a CT250 to go alongside this hybrid version........

I'm assuming the decision was based on the fact that they are working towards an all hybrid lineup?

Saw an article on the new CT200h in the News of the World.

It estimated that the car would have 150 bhp, 99 emissions 10 sec 0 to 60 & would cost around £22000.

Not sure how accurate these are, but thought I would post them.

99 emissions is free car tax :-). Not sure that will happen.

Saw an article on the new CT200h in the News of the World.

It estimated that the car would have 150 bhp, 99 emissions 10 sec 0 to 60 & would cost around £22000.

Not sure how accurate these are, but thought I would post them.

99 emissions is free car tax :-). Not sure that will happen.

That sounds realistic, it's a prius drivetrain so the performance/economy specs should be pretty much the same :)

I had an email from Lexus Guildford saying it would be available in about a year which is rather disappointing. They'd previously hinted that it would be this year but perhaps that was just to be able to see it at a motor show.

I've just noticed on the microsite mentioned above it says... "Expected to be on sale by summer 2010"

So just to summarise it'll be available sometime.

I had an email from Lexus Guildford saying it would be available in about a year which is rather disappointing. They'd previously hinted that it would be this year but perhaps that was just to be able to see it at a motor show.

I've just noticed on the microsite mentioned above it says... "Expected to be on sale by summer 2010"

So just to summarise it'll be available sometime.

I received an email yesterday from Listers Lexus (Lincoln) which said it would be available in July. Clearly there is some confusion as to when this car will be available.

really can't make my mind up if i like this or not.

On one hand it looks alright, but on the other I'm really disappointed that it has been toned down so much from the original concept. If anything it is a bit bland now.

Unless you really want a hybrid, i can't see this car dragging people from their A3's and 1 series

I likes the look, But i think the way the ECO world is going

we will all be forced in to cars of that size ie BMW 1 Audi A3

Lexus has to follow suit

But the big issue will be Cost

What will you be paying for it, if they come back with a price

Tag of 22K+ People will just laugh and walk straight in to

TOYOTA Garage and buy a Auris top of the range

Even the Audi A3 is over priced and people opt for the A4

same as the BMW1 Better buying a 3 series.

So i think the Big cheese at TOYOTA/LEXUS will have to do some

sums on Purchase price to get People away from other marks

and if they want us all in small cars they need to lower Prices

ps

am i right in saying the New Prius is around 18K on the road (Shocking price)

Matt

£19,504 to £22,510

Wow at that price fore a car full of toooo much plastic and cloth seats

How much will the Lexus be 25-30K

if so they will not sell many

£19,504 to £22,510

Wow at that price fore a car full of toooo much plastic and cloth seats

How much will the Lexus be 25-30K

if so they will not sell many

I've got a better idea, get one of the last LS430's, put the money you'd save towards running it and have one of the last 'proper' Lexus.

I've got a better idea, get one of the last LS430's, put the money you'd save towards running it and have one of the last 'proper' Lexus.

I'd have to agree with you mate- the last proper/well built Lexus cars were: LS400/430, GS300 (mk 1 & 2) and the IS200/300.

Just like the Merc 190E, W123/W124 (E Class) Mercs were the last proper Mercs, the same is starting to apply to Lexus. From what I have read/heard, the newer Lexus aren't build like the old ones.

I'd have to agree with you mate- the last proper/well built Lexus cars were: LS400/430, GS300 (mk 1 & 2) and the IS200/300.

Just like the Merc 190E, W123/W124 (E Class) Mercs were the last proper Mercs, the same is starting to apply to Lexus. From what I have read/heard, the newer Lexus aren't build like the old ones.

Couldn't agree more.

Although i did have a new E Class as a courtesy car when mine was being serviced and i think Mercedes have somewhat improved their build quality with there latest models.

• 2 weeks later...

...and the Soarer of course, but then I would say that :shifty:

Looking at the CT - can't say rear visibility is going to be that great.