Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Ct200h Section

Steve

I Love the look of the New lex and the interor appears to be pretty good although its hard to tell in some of the pictures I guess ill just have to take a test drive.......

And now i'm convering 300miles a week definetly a more economical option to my current IS200,

Is it just me that gets anoid about vage facts and figures when showcasing new vehicles especially when you could be waiting up to a year or so just to find out? but they send you brochures to "register your intrest" and all you have is pictures....

Anyhow definetly interested and ready for a change but 22-25K!!!!!! i think ill be waiting for a few "used approved" to hit the market

If the footprint is similar to the IS200, it has a proper 'hand operated' handbrake and the MPG is not too sloppy then it's on my list for 2012/13.

That interior does look good and hopefully that SatNav has TMC on it (and the ability to add custom POI's would be nice).

• 1 month later...

I think the new Lexus CT 200h deserves its own section for discussion!

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/articles/...S_CT_200H.shtml

Think the name is a mouthfull, and doesnt sound good, but the car itself looks quite nice, i do like the interiror a lot!

I read the CT200H has a similiar/same hybrid system to the new Auris, if that is the case the CT200H with its own platform/mechanicals, lexus features etc. will sure;y make this a winner. It definitely looks better tha an A3 or a 1 series..

I like the part of the 1.8 petrol hybrid Auris having the same performance and economy as a 2.0 diesel.

At first i didnt like the new CT200H....But now its kinda grown on me,i love the new hatchback shape,the new front end that looks like the new RX ,and the interior i really like and think it will be a nice ,cool ,funky car to drive and a little quirky to some people..(bit like myself LoL.!! laugh.gif )and will be very comfortable..( and of course lexus build quality )..but i dont think it will be as sporty like they seem to say,even with the double wishbone rear suspension...

Got sent a brochure from lexus hatfield ( thank you ) and it says that it goes into production december 2010 and orders to be taken then.

cant wait to see it in the flesh now.cool.gif

I have a Diesel because of it's mix of economy & performance but never enjoy the noise of a diesel. looking forward to trying it out especially if it can get equivalent 2.0 litre diesel performance and economy..

• 1 month later...
I had an email from Lexus Guildford saying it would be available in about a year which is rather disappointing. They'd previously hinted that it would be this year but perhaps that was just to be able to see it at a motor show.

I've just noticed on the microsite mentioned above it says... "Expected to be on sale by summer 2010"

So just to summarise it'll be available sometime.

I received an email yesterday from Listers Lexus (Lincoln) which said it would be available in July. Clearly there is some confusion as to when this car will be available.

Even more confusing is that Listers Lexus (Coventry) informed me today that they have been told that they will get demonstrators in October and showroom (sales models) expected in March!!!

Also said that the 220d would go in 2014 and be replaced by the IS 250 Hybrid.

I think it looks more like an Astra sport

Do I detect an electronic parking brake?

I noticed on one of the photos a button with a P surrounded by a square symbol.

As long as they have dumped the foot operated job ala IS250 Auto and latest Prius then I'm likely back in a Lexus.

As long as they have dumped the foot operated job ala IS250 Auto and latest Prius then I'm likely back in a Lexus.

Nope that P if we're talking about the same button (on the left of centre console) is how you put the car into "Park". If you look carefully at the full dash pic you can just about see the foot brake pedal above the footrest.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope that P if we're talking about the same button (on the left of centre console) is how you put the car into "Park". If you look carefully at the full dash pic you can just about see the foot brake pedal above the footrest.

That's me out then, can't use anything on the left :angry:

• 1 month later...

That's me out then, can't use anything on the left :angry:

It's an auto. The footbrake is only there at all to comply with legal requirements. Just lock the transmission by putting it into P.

• 4 weeks later...

the reviews on yahoo cars and msn cars don't seem to be that great (as is the way for all j-car reviews). tbh i don't quite know why they are reviewing them with uk roads in mind as these preview cars are either japanese or european, with the main complaint being the harsh ride. i'm sure lexus would revise the ride settings for each countries specific road conditions.

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/07102010/36/lexus-ct-200h-0.html

http://cars.uk.msn.com/reviews/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=154883509

• 3 weeks later...

the reviews on yahoo cars and msn cars don't seem to be that great (as is the way for all j-car reviews). tbh i don't quite know why they are reviewing them with uk roads in mind as these preview cars are either japanese or european, with the main complaint being the harsh ride. i'm sure lexus would revise the ride settings for each countries specific road conditions.

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/07102010/36/lexus-ct-200h-0.html

http://cars.uk.msn.com/reviews/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=154883509

I really hope they do give us our own ride settings, as they've pretty much given up repairing the roads in Surrey...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links