Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Radio Problem

I cannot get FM reception on my radio,the cd player had 6 discs inside and an err3 message.

So today i removed the head unit and got them pesky cd's out.

I still have an err3,i'm not too bothered about the cd player not working,but would like the radio to work.

Any suggestions for a fix for the radio or could it be knackered ?

I would like to keep a standard head unit if possible and have seen a used one for sale,in working order,but what sort of price should i expect to pay.

Thanks.

You may have accidently disconnected the power lead to the ariel. The ariel has an amplifier wich needs a power supply to work. From what I can remember there is a lead than comes from the connector on the back of the head unit and connects to a small socket on a lead which runs along side the ariel lead.

Dave

You may have accidently disconnected the power lead to the ariel. The ariel has an amplifier wich needs a power supply to work. From what I can remember there is a lead than comes from the connector on the back of the head unit and connects to a small socket on a lead which runs along side the ariel lead.

Dave

Thanks.

I made sure all the connections where sound before bolting the unit back in place.Is there anywhere else i should be looking or do i replace the head unit

and hope it works?

• 2 weeks later...

Well i bought a second hand head unit,and have only just fitted it.

Guess what? The radio works perfect and the cd :yahoo: As i said before i was'nt too bothered about the cd,but at least now i can listen to fm.

Just hope it lasts me a while as i really like the look of the stock unit.

Glad u got a result, i also ended up with crap fm reception on my stock unit, no error codes tho, checked every wire, all looked good, bought a double din unit, fitted that, still crap fm reception :sad:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links