Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My First Problem With The Lexus And Im Worried.

Balsca

Ive started the car to go to the shops and found that the engine feels lumpy and a bit deeper, couldnt see anything wrong with it and continued.

The Engine management light has started flashing soon after before i left our garage. Turned car off, and started it up again, no light, but still a bit choppy. Took it for a small drive and after a while my engine management light started flashing again (Gah), turned around and started driiving home, then the TRC light starts to flash as well.

The car feels lumpy but still goes alright, going up hill the light stayed on constant for a while, before flashing again. I revved the engine for a bit and again the light became constant and then stayed on.

I dont have an OBD Reader (kept saying ill get one for months now).

The only thing recently changed is that i havent used the car much, and when i have its only been for a few minutes around town because ive been lazy.... Oh and i put £10 of Tescos petrol in because i was desperate, its always shell otherwise.

Putting the car back in the garage, it had a wiff of Eggs too, which i guess is the Cat, although ive never smelt this before?

Right pain in the ***** as my parents are flying into gatwick and ive been volenteered by my wife to pick them up and drop them off at Dover on monday.

Anyone help? I know its hard without the codes, but i cant grab them at the moment.

I was thinking of taking it for a long drive with some premium shell petrol in it, but i dont want it breaking down or doing it more damage.

Cheers

Iain

Sounds very similar to what happened to me recently and it was a coil pack gone... I also had not driven the car due to bad weather really.

P0303 - was the code I got, the last number relates to which cylinder is at fault.

on the subject off code readers.were exactly do you plug these in? i also have a trc and abs light on ,,,,,,but i have put this down to the car sittin for a yr.....cheers(sorry for stealin ur thread)

You plug the code reader under the steering wheel on the right and just above the pedals... If you have a look or feel for it there is a cap that you lift off then plug in your OBDII device.

got a similar problem here too.

after fueling up with texaco, then a long ride, the check engine like appears....

took it to a local garage the day after, they checked and the system reads something about the emission and the CAT,

anyone know what that means?

( sorry for hyjacking the thread)

got a similar problem here too.

after fueling up with texaco, then a long ride, the check engine like appears....

took it to a local garage the day after, they checked and the system reads something about the emission and the CAT,

anyone know what that means?

( sorry for hyjacking the thread)

its not that long since we had a load of bum petrol floating around forecourts asda etc-i dont know what the fuel fault was but it killed the lambda sensor quite quickly-we better keep track of this as it could be the start of something similar,whenever you put fuel in the car keep the receipt for fuel and the petrol station pays for repairs once numerous cases surface.

obviously im not a mechanic and it could be something else completely

It could just be that you have not been far in it and the pluggs are sooted up as it happened to me a few years back when I was only doing a couple of miles a day. take a plug out to check it and if ok will be a coil pack... need to get it on a machine to see which one then

I asked Lexus Leeds to plug in their code reader when I had the EML come on a few years ago on my IS200. They wanted £90 to read the error codes/plug in the code reader!

I found a local auto electrcian near where I work to plug in their code reader- cost me £20.

Right, plugged my OBD scanner and found it to be misfire in cylinder 5, pulled out the plug and it stunk of petrol so guessed it was the Coil pack.

Did a quick trip to Euro car parts round the corner and bought a OEM Toyota one for £72 and happy days, all working!

Cheers for the help!

Iain

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links