Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte Springs

John G

After a whole night of searching and reading i think this is the best option for me as i want to keep the OEM look but loose the 4x4 look, only think i need to know is will the TTE springs from lexus be ok with standard shocks?

has anyone got pics of them fitted to standard is on the 5 spoke 17s?

also what do i ask for when i go to lexus? is there only one height to chose from?

After a whole night of searching and reading i think this is the best option for me as i want to keep the OEM look but loose the 4x4 look, only think i need to know is will the TTE springs from lexus be ok with standard shocks?

has anyone got pics of them fitted to standard is on the 5 spoke 17s?

also what do i ask for when i go to lexus? is there only one height to chose from?

I went for the TTE springs from Lexus too, pretty sure there is only one set and it is supposed to be a 30mm drop. However mine when compared to old springs was a difference of 5omm (my IS was like a kite!).

I have pics of mine but not on standard 5 spokes mine are the 11 spokes 17" standard ...let me know if you wanna see and i will stick them up.

Abbas

Not the best pics but all I can find for now...

Before:

04052009177resized.png

and after:

dsc00373res3.jpg

looking at the car now nearly ten months later it has become a little more lower...especially the rear!

@Asi - I always thought I got a 50mm drop as the new springs measured 50mm taller than the old ones, I assumed as I had an earlier version (1999) they sat a lil higher. I may be wrong? Shocks were fine tbh but I still replaced for new after all the work to take off the springs would be silly not too...

Comparison pic:

24052009015res.jpg

you got a 30mm drop, the springs are progressive, so become stiffer the more they are compressed.

knackered shocks would not alter the car height.

the fact the earlier cars were 10mm higher makes no difference, the spring is what makes the difference a car with 50mm springs and a car with 40mm springs, when both lowered by 30mm springs, will both be at the same height.............30mm

I'm not sure of the technical side of things, but from what I've seen earlier cars do end up with a slightly bigger drop than later cars - we took measurements on a few pre01 and post01 cars.

I'm assuming the shocks were the same but the springs got shorter in later years?

Yes they were TTE springs bought from Lexus paid £150 inc VAT and delivered. Part number was the same as Parthiban quoted above.

It was a good drop like I said the pics were not the best to show it...The car now, after springs have had time to settle look more like Chris.s had on the red IS shown above.

I was really pleased at the new look and stance of the car and it was so much more fun to drive.

the fact the earlier cars were 10mm higher makes no difference, the spring is what makes the difference a car with 50mm springs and a car with 40mm springs, when both lowered by 30mm springs, will both be at the same height.............30mm

I agree both cars would be at the same height after both being lowered by 30mm springs.

Surely the car that previously had 50mm springs has dropped a further 10mm? Making the drop 40mm when compared to previous height?

I agree both cars would be at the same height after both being lowered by 30mm springs.

Surely the car that previously had 50mm springs has dropped a further 10mm? Making the drop 40mm when compared to previous height?

Nope it will still be the same distance from the floor......John there are a few pics of mine after being lowered on TTEs Here, make sure you get your geo done once they have been fitted aswell :winky:........If i remember right i paid about £110

Nope it will still be the same distance from the floor......John there are a few pics of mine after being lowered on TTEs Here, make sure you get your geo done once they have been fitted aswell :winky:........If i remember right i paid about £110

Its not the distance from the floor I was talking about, its the bigger reduction in height after lowering with the earlier IS. Anyway good point about the geo, I was advised 500 miles for springs to settle then get it done!

I think I've heard someone saying the 1999/2000 IS200 Sports had the same springs as the SE's? Someone may be able to give a definate answer.

The New Sport's sit 15mm lower (think the older was 10mm, although im not 100% on this) if replaced with TTE springs (-30mm), the car will only drop a further 15mm bringing the total to 30mm. This would result in both the SE and Sport on TTE springs to be sat at exactly the same height.

• 2 weeks later...
The New Sport's sit 15mm lower (think the older was 10mm, although im not 100% on this) if replaced with TTE springs (-30mm), the car will only drop a further 15mm bringing the total to 30mm. This would result in both the SE and Sport on TTE springs to be sat at exactly the same height.

When you say new Sport`s do you know from which year onward this applies too?

When you say new Sport`s do you know from which year onward this applies too?

It was around 2001, think the '51' plate onwards had the lower suspension.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links