Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is350 Going To Australia

Hi to all my Lexus friends and the UK.

It has been quite awhile since I posted any comments over here, but just thought I would have to put this one in.

Finally, Australia will have the IS350 by the end of the year.

Maybe you need the yell a bit louder up there in the UK and ask why it is not being taken to the UK.

http://www.lexus.com.au/news/2010/12165254...-FOR-AUSTRALIA/

But we did get the IS300 though? :unsure:

I was actually expecting the IS350 to come in at the midlife facelift, same way the IS300 came when the mk1 IS was facelifted in 2001. But if they're bringing it out in Aus now, maybe there's a chance they might do it here?

Does anyone know the G/km for C02?

Didn't Prolex (??) have one?

That's a good question actually, if it was over the 225g threshold it may not be that popular. I don't know why Lexus don't incorporate stop start technology to bring the emissions down, they already have the tech in their hybrids so surely it wouldn't be hard to implement.

Yep Prolex has one, but it's supercharged.

Does anyone know the G/km for C02?
That's a good question actually, if it was over the 225g threshold it may not be that popular. I don't know why Lexus don't incorporate stop start technology to bring the emissions down, they already have the tech in their hybrids so surely it wouldn't be hard to implement.

Annual CO2 Emissions (lbs) 11640, if that's any help. Hope it'll come eventually, they can have my order now. :)

Annual CO2 Emissions (lbs) 11640, if that's any help

What annual mileage is that based on? Not sure if I've worked it out right, but that's roughly as follows:

10000 miles: 328g/km

12000 miles: 273g/km

15000 miles: 219g/km

I'm hoping it's 15k as that would be perfect, but that's the same as the figure for the 250 isn't it? Do you know the annual figure for the IS250?

Annual CO2 Emissions (lbs) 11640, if that's any help

What annual mileage is that based on? Not sure if I've worked it out right, but that's roughly as follows:

10000 miles: 328g/km

12000 miles: 273g/km

15000 miles: 219g/km

I'm hoping it's 15k as that would be perfect, but that's the same as the figure for the 250 isn't it? Do you know the annual figure for the IS250?

The ULEV-II emissions rating in the US appears to default to 12000 miles per annum. The IS250 is 231 g/km.

The ULEV-II emissions rating in the US appears to default to 12000 miles per annum. The IS250 is 231 g/km.

My IS250 Auto is 214g/km - a strange situation where the Auto is more economical than the Manual.

My IS250 Auto is 214g/km - a strange situation where the Auto is more economical than the Manual.

Mine too, also the published figures make it more economical on mpg than the manual, which, when I bought it in 2005 was the complete opposite of the norm. It was one of the reasons I went for the auto, but the main reason was the incredible smoothness of that auto box B) . I presume the emission figure for the IS350 is for the auto, considering it came from a US source.

Mine too, also the published figures make it more economical on mpg than the manual, which, when I bought it in 2005 was the complete opposite of the norm. It was one of the reasons I went for the auto, but the main reason was the incredible smoothness of that auto box B) . I presume the emission figure for the IS350 is for the auto, considering it came from a US source.

IS350 is tier2 bin 5 greenhouse emission rated as 0.85 lb/mile to 0.94 lb/mile which is sort of equivalent to 240 - 265 gm/km, but the measurement method is slightly different. Nevertheless, the European rating is likely somewhere near these limits. This is fairly good for a 306 bhp output from the engine. For me, the IS350 was always a better idea than the IS220D - but I am no market analyst.

Lol @ the 220d comment, I don't think they would have had the company car success if they had brought the 350 instead of the 220d :P

It's not bad, but that is quite high when the IS-F is 270g isn't it?

Also the 306hp 335i sits under the 225g limit (ok it's got turbos on a slightly smaller engine but surely it shouldn't make that much of a difference) so it's a shame the IS350 couldn't as well. They should do a hybrid IS with electric assistance rather than full blown like the current ones like the new 7 series, won't use up too much boot space but will create something more powerful with better economy/emissions figures.

Lol @ the 220d comment, I don't think they would have had the company car success if they had brought the 350 instead of the 220d :P

It's not bad, but that is quite high when the IS-F is 270g isn't it?

Also the 306hp 335i sits under the 225g limit (ok it's got turbos on a slightly smaller engine but surely it shouldn't make that much of a difference) so it's a shame the IS350 couldn't as well. They should do a hybrid IS with electric assistance rather than full blown like the current ones like the new 7 series, won't use up too much boot space but will create something more powerful with better economy/emissions figures.

Sorry, I find I have confused the issue: IS250, IS350 & ISF are ALL within the US tier 2 bin 5 Greenhouse ratings of 240 - 265 gm/km. Even the Lexus Japan site does not give more detail.

:tomato: Parthiban - was in a good mood so my 220D comments didn't include "because diesels are the work of the devil" or " Its no surprise the inventer Adolf Diesel commited suicide by jumping off a cross-channel ferry"

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links