Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte Is200 Vs Rs200

Another topic for discussion

one TTE charged IS200 auto vs Stock RS200 3S-GE auto. No other modification on either cars (TTE IS200 uses stock silverbox piggyback and TTE intake)

TTE IS200 puts out more torque than the RS(240+ vs approx 200?) but RS max power is higher (210hpvs205?) and revs higher.

Its seems that the charged IS gets more power lower in the rpm range than and RS from the dyno charts

RS200 is lighter, (no heated seats etc)

Both cars are using regular street tyres, stock Torsen LSDs and OEM suspensions

From a roll and from a dead start, In a straight line and in a true japanese touge, what do you all think?

and on a side note, which one will drift better :whistling:

All comments welcomed

I'd say the TTE IS will win off the line but the RS would soon real it in once the S/C runs out of puff & the 1G out of revs.

The RS is a 5AT where as the IS is only 4AT right? So the RS would have that to it's advantage.

As for torque the auto RS make its max (216Nm) at 4800rpm (compared the manual at 6400rpm) so it should have a bit more mid-range.

Would be an interesting battle. Anyone care to make it happen?

th_7002-15.jpg

Oh & get a manual if you want to drift :P

I'd love to make it happen but we don't have a track here and i don't plan on encouraging street racing. its really sad because so far i haven't met anybody else with a TTE kit but there are so many 3S-GEs. Its starting to look like i'm the only TTE s-charged on the island. The 1JZ/2JZ swap is more popular.

However, I love the confused looks some of RS200s owners have when i tell them my IS the 1G-FE, not a JZ swap. Nobody expects the 1G to work the way a TTE version does. Its quite a surprise and keeps them guessing.

And i do get some drift action with the auto :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...

Update.

I had the chance of matching up my IS with and RS and found

1. The TTE IS200 auto's acceleration can match the RS200 auto

2. If the IS isn't in the 4000+ rpm sweet spot range, the RS will have an advantage while accelerating but not much

3. The TTE 3rd gear which takes you from 110km-170km (i think)really shines. You can close the gap quickly on the RS if it is already ahead

Unfortunately this was only done from a rolling start/touge type race we didn't have the space to do a head to head. The results are not conclusive. We forgot about the Altezza's speed limiter so it had no chance of besting the IS200 top speed. the IS sailed past the RS with ease as the 4th gear kick in. We will try again when the altezza's speed limiter has been removed

And if you were wondering, this was done on a closed road. safety first. :blush:

So far it does seem like the TTE IS200 can give the best of both worlds, the Lexus luxury and the Altezza's performance.

one thing to note is both cars had coilovers, the IS200 had TRDs and Apexi on the Altezza.

What speed are Altezzas limited to?

Is it easy to remove the limiter?

Cheers ..... ;)

They're limited to 180km/hr and yes I heard it isn't to difficult. HKS makes a Speed cut defender that looks similar to the fuel cut defender(FCD)that some of us used to replace the TTE black box. You just have to know which wires to splice.

Update.

I had the chance of matching up my IS with and RS and found

1. The TTE IS200 auto's acceleration can match the RS200 auto

2. If the IS isn't in the 4000+ rpm sweet spot range, the RS will have an advantage while accelerating but not much

3. The TTE 3rd gear which takes you from 110km-170km (i think)really shines. You can close the gap quickly on the RS if it is already ahead

Unfortunately this was only done from a rolling start/touge type race we didn't have the space to do a head to head. The results are not conclusive. We forgot about the Altezza's speed limiter so it had no chance of besting the IS200 top speed. the IS sailed past the RS with ease as the 4th gear kick in. We will try again when the altezza's speed limiter has been removed

And if you were wondering, this was done on a closed road. safety first. :blush:

So far it does seem like the TTE IS200 can give the best of both worlds, the Lexus luxury and the Altezza's performance.

one thing to note is both cars had coilovers, the IS200 had TRDs and Apexi on the Altezza.

Interesting, however I would rather have the RS200 - it uses far less fuel, Paddle shift gears etc and is cheaper to insure than a modified IS200 (well for me anyway).