Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Linglong Tyres !

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta admit I dont go OTT with tyres but currently run Avon ZZ3's all round. I get my tyres at cost price and free fitting so usually get good prices.

I ran my mk3 golf gti on toyo proxes (seem to be getting more and more expensive nowadays), when i picked the gt4 up it was on brand new nangkangs. These were rubbish in all conditions and terrible squeel round every mini roundabout (even at near walking pace) and terrible front end slide when trying to accellerate out of corners or a bit af late braking. Needless to say these came off after a fortnight and replaced with Goodyear eagle f1's (great tyre but too soft, relaced/worn out after 4 months)

Avons/Falkens/Federals/Toyo all good enough for me (I dont like seeing good cars on nasty tyres) and always plump for tyres with a reinforced sidewall.

Although I had my dads 3.2 TT at the weekend and had a full set of Potena's put on (225/45 ZR 18s) for 280 bucks, bargain.

the is200 never used pzero rossos they used bridgstones from factory......

Early IS200's (like mine 2000 model) also came fitted with Dunlop SP9000's- in fact my spare is a unused SP9000.

I think new Lexus cars are now using Yokohama tyres becuase I had a look at a brand new GS300 back in 2006 at Lexus Leeds (06 plate) and that was fitted with Yokohama tyres.

Gotta admit I dont go OTT with tyres but currently run Avon ZZ3's all round. I get my tyres at cost price and free fitting so usually get good prices.

I ran my mk3 golf gti on toyo proxes (seem to be getting more and more expensive nowadays), when i picked the gt4 up it was on brand new nangkangs. These were rubbish in all conditions and terrible squeel round every mini roundabout (even at near walking pace) and terrible front end slide when trying to accellerate out of corners or a bit af late braking. Needless to say these came off after a fortnight and replaced with Goodyear eagle f1's (great tyre but too soft, relaced/worn out after 4 months)

Avons/Falkens/Federals/Toyo all good enough for me (I dont like seeing good cars on nasty tyres) and always plump for tyres with a reinforced sidewall.

Although I had my dads 3.2 TT at the weekend and had a full set of Potena's put on (225/45 ZR 18s) for 280 bucks, bargain.

That is an amazing price. They are £140 each from Camskills without fitting! Sothat is half price.

the is200 never used pzero rossos they used bridgstones from factory......

Early IS200's (like mine 2000 model) also came fitted with Dunlop SP9000's- in fact my spare is a unused SP9000.

I think new Lexus cars are now using Yokohama tyres becuase I had a look at a brand new GS300 back in 2006 at Lexus Leeds (06 plate) and that was fitted with Yokohama tyres.

Mine's a 2003 IS200 and that too had Dunlop SP9000's fitted from new

Anyone tried Michelin Pilots? I know they're more expensive.. but have only read positive reviews on them.. kinda worried they will be quite soft like the Goodyears and not last long as a result...

Ive had them on the front before, they lasted well but then again they always do on the front. Very grippy in the wet and in the dry

Anyone tried Michelin Pilots? I know they're more expensive.. but have only read positive reviews on them.. kinda worried they will be quite soft like the Goodyears and not last long as a result...

Yeah, I have Pilots all round, the cars done about 39k, I expect that the fronts will see about 60k, the rears will be due in the next 2K.... They grip just fine I suppose..... ain't crashed and burned yet.

Budget tyres on an everyday car such as an IS200 are fine!

Its like anything, they all have to meet certain ratings, testings etc...

The only difference between a budget tyre and your everyday bridgestone will be road noise, life longativity and maybe a certain amount of water displacment!

At the end of the day, if you drive your car on the limit in road conditions, Yes... go for expensive rubber. At 30 mph in the real world, it wont make **** all difference what rubber you have on ya car!

Just my POV of course... although I have been fitting tyres for nearly 10 years now!

For those of you who think budget tyres are ok to use on a IS200, I suggest you fit some Fullrun HP199's on, then comment on budget tyres vs preimum tyres.

I had a set of Fullrun HP199's and tbh I'd have rather had a set of really worn/slick preimum tyres- they would have been better than the Fullrun's!

id mostly agree with what bruce said-i have done a lot of driving "on the ragged edge" in the past but i hardly ever drive fast at all now - so for all the people like me who drive like miss daisy and think budget tyres are ok(i dont) - they probably are until the day your on a motorway in the p*****g rain,visibility is not good and you are happily doing 70 in the middle lane when you realise its time to hit the brakes real hard to avoid a stopped car in front of you - on an is if its up to scratch the abs will work overtime and the brakes are good so the pressure will be on the tyres to grip under extreme braking and displace enough water to be able to do so in time for you to stop - thats the true test in everyday situations and thats where and when you would find out just how good budget tyres are on your car - of course if theyre not that good it could get a tad messy

id mostly agree with what bruce said-i have done a lot of driving "on the ragged edge" in the past but i hardly ever drive fast at all now - so for all the people like me who drive like miss daisy and think budget tyres are ok(i dont) - they probably are until the day your on a motorway in the p*****g rain,visibility is not good and you are happily doing 70 in the middle lane when you realise its time to hit the brakes real hard to avoid a stopped car in front of you - on an is if its up to scratch the abs will work overtime and the brakes are good so the pressure will be on the tyres to grip under extreme braking and displace enough water to be able to do so in time for you to stop - thats the true test in everyday situations and thats where and when you would find out just how good budget tyres are on your car - of course if theyre not that good it could get a tad messy

its all good if you have protected no claims like me lol

yeah, but wouldn't you rather have a crash free IS200 (which would make it easier to sell on when the time comes to sell up? would you buy a crash damaged/repaired car?) Also, I guess you would like to keep hold of said no claims and you would want your future insurance preimums to rise would you?

yeah, but wouldn't you rather have a crash free IS200 (which would make it easier to sell on when the time comes to sell up? would you buy a crash damaged/repaired car?) Also, I guess you would like to keep hold of said no claims and you would want your future insurance preimums to rise would you?

lol of corse, but at the time i needed new tyres and i had the MOT coming up so to me putting any new tyres on was a big improvement on leaving the ones on the wear markers on.

haha linglongs i can beat that £70 a pair supplied and fitted diamondbacks lol awesome in the wet :winky:

i can beat that 4 X linglongs 215x40x18 £120.00 yip £120.00 £30.00 per tyre!!!!!!!!!

haha linglongs i can beat that £70 a pair supplied and fitted diamondbacks lol awesome in the wet :winky:

i can beat that 4 X linglongs 215x40x18 £120.00 yip £120.00 £30.00 per tyre!!!!!!!!!

nice, thats well good! where from ? ??

scotyre in broxburn its a big tyre wear house and the best thing is the tyres are same price to trade as they are to a punter..

Ive been gettin my tyres from the same garage since i started driving about 4 years ago. To be fair they are very good and the whole family uses them and so do friends. You'll find alot of the budget tyres are made in the same factories and by the same companies and the leading brands. They bring out budgets and its another brand for them. They know alot of people cant afford to pay for the more expensive stuff (they aint stupid)

The garage owners wife drives a scoobie wrx and she has budgets on there and she drives that thing hard! If the garage owner had any concerns then i doubt he would be putting them on the car

i wonder if superbike forums have the same debate - budget vs quality tyres ?

if youve ever ridden a fast bike on a wet or cold road you might have a different view on this subject from someone who has never put their faith and life in two small spots of rubber in contact with the road

i wonder if superbike forums have the same debate - budget vs quality tyres ?

if youve ever ridden a fast bike on a wet or cold road you might have a different view on this subject from someone who has never put their faith and life in two small spots of rubber in contact with the road

True, don't think i would even think twice in that case. unless it was a moped !

• 5 weeks later...

at the end of the day it does not matter what tyres youve got because in the wet they will not stop you as quick as in the dry whatever make they are

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links