Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've bought a 2000 mk4 LS400 I am really excited about it at present in the paint shop gettig a few scratches and a scrape sorted. i expect it back in a week. There are a few questions which I hope you guys will be able to help me with:

1) I intend to get a LPG conversion what should I look out for; from what I have gleaned from the forum Flash lube kit not required I was thinking of sequential multipoint injection kit but I need advice aout which type I hear Prins and zavoli are good. Is there anyone good in the Midlands that can fit it for me

2) It would be a real shame to mess up the new paintwork if I knock the car therefore I was thinking of getting some parking sensors am considering the dolphin parking sensors as mentioned in one of the posts http://www.dolphin-direct.co.uk/ but have come acros this (http://www.parkingdynamics.co.uk/Vehicle-Sensors/Lexus/Lexus-Parking-Sensor-Parking-Dynamics-PD1) a drill free solution does anyone have any ideas about which would work better

3) I also want to install a Bluetooth handsfree kit I have a HTC hero phone and was looking at the parrot system MKI9100 as I will be able to stram my music as well the system is here http://www.parrot.com/uk/products/hands-free-car-kits. I have contacted a registered installer however they quoted me circa £300 does anyone have any better ideas and local instalers

I have a Stag LPG set up on mine. No flash lube and sequential multi point all singing all dancing. No noticeable loss of power and seamless switching between Gas and petrol.

Love it and recomend it to everyone

Hi I have a brc system multi point plug & drive ( self learning mapping) works great, my mate in Liverpool got a system fitted from a company in Preston (hytec autogas) on his ls430 for £1299 for a multipoint system ( Marreli I think), He seems pleased with it, They give you a free loan car & advertise on eBay. Or go to the lpg forum (google it) you will get good advice there about fitters in your area. ( beware only multipoint systems work on the mark4 vvti engine).

Good luck & enjoy Mark

I presume the MK3 will also need a multipoint or can I get away with a Lambda type one? I *need* to be on LPG as I'm putting fearsome amounts of go-juice in mine right now.

Hi single point will work fine on a mark3, Its only a couple of hundred cheaper than the multi point in preston though.

or if you feel brave £545 fit it yourself :)

If I do decide to fit it myself will they check it and give a certificate for my insurance ?

Has anyone fitted one of these.... is it complicated ?

best to get it fitted by a qualified/ experienced fitter, there is quite a bit involved & you would have to get it checked( about £80 ) If you are a competent diy mechanic with access to a ramp go ahead if not leave well alone.

I've bought a 2000 mk4 LS400 I am really excited about it at present in the paint shop gettig a few scratches and a scrape sorted. i expect it back in a week. There are a few questions which I hope you guys will be able to help me with:

1) I intend to get a LPG conversion what should I look out for; from what I have gleaned from the forum Flash lube kit not required I was thinking of sequential multipoint injection kit but I need advice aout which type I hear Prins and zavoli are good. Is there anyone good in the Midlands that can fit it for me

2) It would be a real shame to mess up the new paintwork if I knock the car therefore I was thinking of getting some parking sensors am considering the dolphin parking sensors as mentioned in one of the posts http://www.dolphin-direct.co.uk/ but have come acros this (http://www.parkingdynamics.co.uk/Vehicle-Sensors/Lexus/Lexus-Parking-Sensor-Parking-Dynamics-PD1) a drill free solution does anyone have any ideas about which would work better

3) I also want to install a bluetooth handsfree kit I have a HTC hero phone and was looking at the parrot system MKI9100 as I will be able to stram my music as well the system is here http://www.parrot.com/uk/products/hands-free-car-kits. I have contacted a registered installer however they quoted me circa £300 does anyone have any better ideas and local instalers

• 2 months later...

I bought a 2000 Lexus LS 400 last May and had it converted to LPG. Gas at the time was around 45p litre. I paid £1500 for the conversion and have found it to be well worth it. A trip to London (130 miles) costs around £20 at todays price - .63 per litre. I find it slightly annoying that the tank doesn't take anywhere near its capacity, usually only get about 25-30 litres into a 60 litre doughnut tank, but this appears to be because the pressure at the pump is low. If you fill up just after the (gas)tank at the pump has been filled you get a lot more in, up to 48 litres. Also the outside temperature makes a difference. Performance is hardly any difference unless the tank is very low, then the kick down doesn't respond so well, I usually switch the gas off temporarily, and back on immedately (just in case there is a hiccup). The added bonus is low emissions.

I bought a 2000 Lexus LS 400 last May and had it converted to LPG. Gas at the time was around 45p litre. I paid £1500 for the conversion and have found it to be well worth it. A trip to London (130 miles) costs around £20 at todays price - .63 per litre. I find it slightly annoying that the tank doesn't take anywhere near its capacity, usually only get about 25-30 litres into a 60 litre doughnut tank, but this appears to be because the pressure at the pump is low. If you fill up just after the (gas)tank at the pump has been filled you get a lot more in, up to 48 litres. Also the outside temperature makes a difference. Performance is hardly any difference unless the tank is very low, then the kick down doesn't respond so well, I usually switch the gas off temporarily, and back on immedately (just in case there is a hiccup). The added bonus is low emissions.

Hi All, If you've not had the conversion done yet, there's a place in Lancaster who did my Uncles R97 LS400. He has a singlepoint Romano system fitted and lifetime warranty and servicing for the lpg conversion :) I have just got my gs300 2002 back last week (sold to my other uncle), he also got lifetime warranty and servicing on lpg side with a Romano Sequential system fitted. The car drives brilliant and excellent on fuel.

Mine is also due back on Monday with the same sequential system (LS400 v2000).

Hi All, If you've not had the conversion done yet, there's a place in Lancaster who did my Uncles R97 LS400. He has a singlepoint Romano system fitted and lifetime warranty and servicing for the lpg conversion :) I have just got my gs300 2002 back last week (sold to my other uncle), he also got lifetime warranty and servicing on lpg side with a Romano Sequential system fitted. The car drives brilliant and excellent on fuel.

Mine is also due back on Monday with the same sequential system (LS400 v2000).

Interesting, what did it to do it on an ls400?

Dave

Hi Dave,

It cost me £1595 fitted with the lifetime warranty and lifetime servicing. I went for a 120 litre tank which has taken up most of the boot but it's better for me and cheaper because I do a lot of miles. I pay £0.55 a litre :D

• 7 months later...

I know its an old thread but im lovin the 120 litre tank. I thought mine was big at 85 litres just standing proud of the spare wheel well.

You could always fit a 120 litre tank aswell & have 205 litres :D

I fitted a wheel well tank to go with my existing cylinder tank, holds 80L now, that's 18 gallons, gets me 200 miles around town or 350 on the motorway

I know its an old thread but im lovin the 120 litre tank. I thought mine was big at 85 litres just standing proud of the spare wheel well.

I fitted a wheel well tank to go with my existing cylinder tank, holds 80L now, that's 18 gallons, gets me 200 miles around town or 350 on the motorway

You must have a very heavy right foot I get 220 round town & 280 on the run from 56 litres, more if I pussy foot it.

You must have a very heavy right foot I get 220 round town & 280 on the run from 56 litres, more if I pussy foot it.

But you have a mkIV. More economical :)

Anybody recommend a system and fitter for a 1995 Mk3 round about the Bury/Manchester Area ?

Anybody recommend a system and fitter for a 1995 Mk3 round about the Bury/Manchester Area ?

Forget all the rest and go straight down to Profess Gas just the other side of the Seven bridge. They will lend you a car for the day amd when you get back all will be done Just over £1000 and in an instance you have almost halved the cost of motoring paradise.

Mike

Forget all the rest and go straight down to Profess Gas just the other side of the Seven bridge. They will lend you a car for the day amd when you get back all will be done Just over £1000 and in an instance you have almost halved the cost of motoring paradise.

Mike

Thanks Mike but South Wales is some distance away from Manchester ... have you had a system fitted by them ? What makes them stand out from the other fitters out there ? Anybody recommend a fitter closer to me ?

Mike

Thanks Mike but South Wales is some distance away from Manchester ... have you had a system fitted by them ? What makes them stand out from the other fitters out there ? Anybody recommend a fitter closer to me ?

I normally use Dual Fuel in Woking Surrey but they wanted more than twice the amount Profess Gas wanted and they also wanted the car for a week or more so after looking through the internet I came across Profess and trawled the WWW for anyone that had a bad thing to say about them but apart from one guy whos car couldnt be finished, they put him up in a nice hotel for the night free with lots of applogies there was nothing.

I rang them and spoke to them they came across as professional they use Italian Polish fitters who have been fitting these systems for years and when they work they work dammed hard and thats not the same as most UK garages think means working hard. They offered to give me telephone numbers of past customers which I didnt take up but thought I would bite the bullit and book it in and was I glad I did.

I arrived at 8.15am for an 8.30am appointment they took the car straight away lent me a Toyota LPG for the day they said it would be finished by 5pm and it was, they filled the tank up asked me to go for a 20min run to see if I was happy with it there were no problems I took it back and while I paying they refilled the tank after the test run. The installation was extreamly neat no greasey marks inside or out and its been in a year now no problems. They do ask you to take the car back after about 1000 miles just in case it needs tweeking but that took 5 mins and all is well.

I shall be taking my wifes new Mondeo estate down there for LPG with no reservations at all.

I can give them and you no better recomendation.

Manchesters not that far down the M5 I had to come from Surrey.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links