Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 (1999) Sat Nav In Japanese

Hi,

sorry if this is a repeat question....

I have just purchased a ls400 1999 model. my second LS now. the touch screen and dash are all in japanese!!

I read somewhere that if I was to replace the box in the boot with a UK one then it'll change the language.

however, would I have to change the touch screen unit also?

will the dash language change also?

Will my radio start working if I replaced it?

it has TV option..so will this also start working?

I have been quoted £80 for a navigation computer...Is this a good price?

Many thanks

Hi,

Sounds like this is a grey import model, not sure about the sat nav it may be just a matter of replacing the disc, radio should work but only pick up radio 2 on FM as the FM band is different in Japan but you can buy frequency shifters on Fleabay for around a fiver, TV again operates on different frequencies and the sound system is not compatable with UK, having said that it is analogue anyway so will be completely useless when the digital switchover occurs.

It sems a lot of work and money for a short term gain.

I think the anaolgue switch off is due for 2015 it they keep to plan - It will soon be with us.

As Steve says, there is a lot of work and potential cost here which needs to be weighred up.

Can you expand on "navigation computer" and what you mean by that?

I think the anaolgue switch off is due for 2015 it they keep to plan - It will soon be with us.

As Steve says, there is a lot of work and potential cost here which needs to be weighred up.

What I meant by 'navigation computer' is basically the box in the boot. I read somewhere that if I was to change it then it might work...? mine seems to be the Hard-Drive based unit cuz there seems to be no CD input anywhere...

Some japanese guy told me that there is a guy at soarer.tv that converts japanese to english...does anyone have any experience with them?

• 3 weeks later...

What I meant by 'navigation computer' is basically the box in the boot. I read somewhere that if I was to change it then it might work...? mine seems to be the Hard-Drive based unit cuz there seems to be no CD input anywhere...

Some japanese guy told me that there is a guy at soarer.tv that converts japanese to english...does anyone have any experience with them?

Hi,

There is a guy down south in Poole, Dorset (Luke Gormer, Prestige Care Media) who does this. I imported an LS430 previously and had the satnav on that converted by Luke. It's not cheap but it certainly worked very well - just like the UK version, with full touch screen capability). Luke is a very nice, helpful and knowledgeable chap - certainly worth contacting him for the latest infornation.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links