Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Could anyone tell me how easy it is to remove the speaker grill in the centre of the dash below the screen. I have the most annoying rattle coming from that area and I think its between the speaker cover and the dash itself. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Ah, the dreaded dashboard rattle issue. Not as simple as it sounds.

This is well known on these forums and many have complained about this to Lexus, myself included.

There is a standard fix that they do to remedy this, which is covered by the warantee if you have it. If not, have a search through these forums as I'm sure I saw somewhere the detail of the Lexus fix.

• 1 month later...

Could anyone tell me how easy it is to remove the speaker grill in the centre of the dash below the screen. I have the most annoying rattle coming from that area and I think its between the speaker cover and the dash itself. Any help on this would be appreciated.

it is not the speaker i tried that then i tried a piece of card between screen and dash and it stopped

i complained to Lexus and they agreed to fix the problem

and (touch me wooden head) the rattle has gone.

the Dealer told me when they were made the used incorrect pegs on the bulkhead to mount the dash.

Take your car back to the dealer and tell them you want it sorted as its a known issue.

If under warranty take it into the dealer -

I had a rattle from the off side dash board and aloud crack from the centre of the dashboard.

Dealer seemed to know all about the problems and got the car back with no rattles -can hear the tyre road noise now though :lol:

• 5 years later...

Here's something interesting -

Mine too has a crack/rattle noise from dash on the passenger side where it meets the windshield. I found the noise went away when any passenger would apply pressure (using a finger) on the dash where it meets the windscreen.

As I don't have a warranty I don't want to pay a dealer a small fortune.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's something interesting - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zolcRiDHwU8

Mine too has a crack/rattle noise from dash on the passenger side where it meets the windshield. I found the noise went away when any passenger would apply pressure (using a finger) on the dash where it meets the windscreen.

As I don't have a warranty I don't want to pay a dealer a small fortune.

Just buy some felt, you can get it dirt cheap from any craft shop.

Cut some short lengths of about 3" long, roll it up so its several layers thick like a small blanket then push it down the back of the dash between dash and windscreen using a plastic tool. Push it down just far enough so it's out of main view. You want just enough thickness in the felt so that when you push it in the gap is applying dome pressure within the gap.

This should sort the rattle.

It's been covered many times.

I had the clips done by Lexus on all three of my Lexus. The two went away with the new clips fixed but the third still required me to use the felt method to completely irradiate the rattles.

Carl

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links