Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi can any one help my ls400 (1994) will not start. when i turn the allarm off open the door put key in egntion turn it too start nothing happens, not even a click click from the starter motor. then after about 10 secounds i can hear a realy clicking on the passanger side, this carrysone for about a minute after ive loocked the doors. is the imobliser loocked on somehow if so how do i unloock it. had the Battery off a few times about a month ago when the alarm kept going off. replaced sencer under bonnet. no probs since untill now! at first thought battry flat so recharged it but still same problem. replaced Battery in fob about 6 months ago. tryed in neutral. checked all the fuses under the bonnet and under the stering wheel. tryed looking on this forum for instructions to turn off the immobiliser but could only find instructions for the MKIII

hi can any one help my ls400 (1994) will not start. when i turn the allarm off open the door put key in egntion turn it too start nothing happens, not even a click click from the starter motor. then after about 10 secounds i can hear a realy clicking on the passanger side, this carrysone for about a minute after ive loocked the doors. is the imobliser loocked on somehow if so how do i unloock it.

Hi. Sorry to hear of your trouble. Here's a few thoughts which might lead to a solution.

Have you had any difficulty with the starter motor? If its on its way out, starting will (usually) gradually become more difficult.

Does disalarming actually turn-off the immobiliser? (there is a solution on this forum, I dont have the MKII instructions)

Have you just replaced the batteries in the fob?

Have you had the car Battery disconnected?

Are all the battery/starter leads as tight as possible?

Is the gearbox fully in park? Try it in neutral.

Are the fuses under the bonnet in good order?

Have you searched this forum, and the engine one, for a similar problem/solution?

Hope you get on ok, please let us know.

hi can any one help my ls400 (1994) will not start. when i turn the allarm off open the door put key in egntion turn it too start nothing happens, not even a click click from the starter motor. then after about 10 secounds i can hear a realy clicking on the passanger side, this carrysone for about a minute after ive loocked the doors. is the imobliser loocked on somehow if so how do i unloock it.

Hi. Sorry to hear of your trouble. Here's a few thoughts which might lead to a solution.

Have you had any difficulty with the starter motor? If its on its way out, starting will (usually) gradually become more difficult.

Does disalarming actually turn-off the immobiliser? (there is a solution on this forum, I dont have the MKII instructions)

Have you searched this forum, and the engine one, for a similar problem/solution?

Hi, is the Battery just " dead " ?

malc

sorry about not repleying earlyier iam dysclexcak and have trouble writing, so computers are new to me and diden`t know which butones to press to send a replay too. ive updated my oragenal questionton to make it moor clear. thanks for the input steve hope too hear from you soon.

Start by checking all the fuses, include the ones on side near the accelerator.

Put a known good fully charged Battery on and try again.

The dash light problem is widely covered on this forum,or checkout Chris Vince for repair

Start by checking all the fuses, include the ones on side near the accelerator.

Put a known good fully charged battery on and try again.

The dash light problem is widely covered on this forum,or checkout Chris Vince for repair

Had my dash lights fixed by Vince end of last year at £75 and on the spot at his place.

It's a common fault in this model.

There's quite a few things to do and check to find the problem but I can say through experience it's an easy fix, Just loads of things it could be.

If you're stuck send me your phone number and I'll instruct you in a few things to try to find the fault.

Hi,

I think the problem is with your batery. Have it tested and I think you'll find it has one or more cells failing. I went through similar experience with my LS 400. Hope this helps.

hi can any one help my ls400 (1994) will not start. when i turn the allarm off open the door put key in egntion turn it too start nothing happens, not even a click click from the starter motor. then after about 10 secounds i can hear a realy clicking on the passanger side, this carrysone for about a minute after ive loocked the doors. is the imobliser loocked on somehow if so how do i unloock it. had the Battery off a few times about a month ago when the alarm kept going off. replaced sencer under bonnet. no probs since untill now! at first thought battry flat so recharged it but still same problem. replaced Battery in fob about 6 months ago. tryed in neutral. checked all the fuses under the bonnet and under the stering wheel. tryed looking on this forum for instructions to turn off the immobiliser but could only find instructions for the MKIII

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I think the problem is with your batery. Have it tested and I think you'll find it has one or more cells failing. I went through similar experience with my LS 400. Hope this helps.

hi can any one help my ls400 (1994) will not start. when i turn the allarm off open the door put key in egntion turn it too start nothing happens, not even a click click from the starter motor. then after about 10 secounds i can hear a realy clicking on the passanger side, this carrysone for about a minute after ive loocked the doors. is the imobliser loocked on somehow if so how do i unloock it. had the battery off a few times about a month ago when the alarm kept going off. replaced sencer under bonnet. no probs since untill now! at first thought battry flat so recharged it but still same problem. replaced battery in fob about 6 months ago. tryed in neutral. checked all the fuses under the bonnet and under the stering wheel. tryed looking on this forum for instructions to turn off the immobiliser but could only find instructions for the MKIII

paid 98 pound for a new bosh Battery and still it wont start. had the aa out too it and thay said it was the imobliser loocked on and would have to call cliford alarms too come out to it with a computor to reset it, or a lexus dealer. may be it would be cheeper to scrap it.

hi can any one help my ls400 (1994) will not start. when i turn the allarm off open the door put key in egntion turn it too start nothing happens, not even a click click from the starter motor. then after about 10 secounds i can hear a realy clicking on the passanger side, this carrysone for about a minute after ive loocked the doors. is the imobliser loocked on somehow if so how do i unloock it. had the battery off a few times about a month ago when the alarm kept going off. replaced sencer under bonnet. no probs since untill now! at first thought battry flat so recharged it but still same problem. replaced battery in fob about 6 months ago. tryed in neutral. checked all the fuses under the bonnet and under the stering wheel. tryed looking on this forum for instructions to turn off the immobiliser but could only find instructions for the MKIII

Hi, Had this same problem recently with my Mark3...Eventually had the Alarm and Mobiliser disabled by Lexus...approx £100......Cured the problem, but know no alarm...Hope tis helps....Cheers Roy.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links